• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Crossman Premiere HP 14.3 GR Pellet Review

Were you reviewing the weather or the pellets? Any pellet shot in the circumstances you shot them in could give you similar results.

A 100y steel target in 10-15mph cross winds with CPHP's from a toy gun...

20230626_174145.jpg

Reactions: RM.510bigbore
Were you reviewing the weather or the pellets? Any pellet shot in the circumstances you shot them in could give you similar results.

View attachment 369763
Yup.. when the wind blows your groups tend to as well stretching things out.

All the pests I’ve shot dead out to 60 yards would dispute your accuracy assessment. The 14.3 Crosman Hollowpoints aren’t a long range pellet, not for grouping at 100 yards, duh! Expecting them to group like the way more expensive JSBs is unrealistic. Today I was making back to back hits from 40 to 64 yards on small black walnut husks. They all simulate a rodent’s noggin’ quite nicely, for me the CPHPs get it done. But then again I’m not trying to shoot them for groups at 100 yards. 50, 40, 30 yards and in they can group surprisingly well. Yes you’ll get occasional WTF flyers. But at the price point? I can live with occasional flyers.

Could also be your gun just doesn't like them. My Evol Mini seems to really like them out to 50yds. Have pested with them further no problem. Also my Notos only gets fed them and out to 35yds with a red dot no complaints here. Plenty of pigeons and starlings and sparrows would disagree on them not being good for pesting or hunting.

View attachment 369763

Be realistic here. By design, ANY pellets of any brand can't be expected to group well at 100yds. If nothing else, be design/shape of a pellet. It's not intended to be a 100yd projectile...

Be realistic here. By design, ANY pellets of any brand can't be expected to group well at 100yds. If nothing else, be design/shape of a pellet. It's not intended to be a 100yd projectile...

Um....

Thats not what I said at all. I said, "Were you reviewing the weather or the pellets? Any pellet shot in the circumstances you shot them in could give you similar results." He got horrible results at 37 yards, I stretched it out to 100 yards and got 'em all in a 6" group!

Thats pretty outstanding shooting from a toy gun shooting 730 fps in a stiff cross-wind.

At 35 yards, I'm getting dime sized groups all day long. 😇

Um....

Thats not what I said at all. I said, "Were you reviewing the weather or the pellets? Any pellet shot in the circumstances you shot them in could give you similar results." He got horrible results at 37 yards, I stretched it out to 100 yards and got 'em all in a 6" group!

Thats pretty outstanding shooting from a toy gun shooting 730 fps in a stiff cross-wind.

At 35 yards, I'm getting dime sized groups all day long. 😇

My apologies the. I misinterpreted what your intentions were. Please forgive me if I came across offensively. Keep shootin' and have a great afternoon!!

• Haha
Reactions: Firewalker
My apologies the. I misinterpreted what your intentions were. Please forgive me if I came across offensively. Keep shootin' and have a great afternoon!!

Just poking you a bit, no offence taken at all, I was just calling out the review for not doing a comparison side by side and then telling us "I cannot shoot... these pellets..."

I own an FX and I know that he didn't do any tweaking from shooting JSB 25gr pellets and expected the gun to be tuned for an 11gr lighter pellet as is. I expect the same from my Mav if I dont do the work up front.

I was getting ready to do a little JTS MAX moderator 'thing' today so I grabbed the MAX in .22, filled 2 mags with CPHP's, grabbed an old cooler and a target, the winds were about the same as in the video, 5-7mph at a measure 37.5y.

20230706_160236.jpg

20230706_155708.jpg

20230706_160953.jpg

20230706_161020.jpg

I have already played 5 cans of CPHP. At a distance of 15-25 yards and 875-900FPS, CPHP is a precise pellet, which can completely replace the pellets of more than 20 dollars. From 35 yards to 50 yards, the group consistency of CPHP becomes worse. At this time, if using the dome pellets, the group will tighten to 1/2 inch, but occasionally fly solo, I can't find the reason.

In conclusion, as a 50 yard close range pellet, Crossman Premiere HP 14.3 GR is inexpensive, readily available and ideal for pest control

I have already played 5 cans of CPHP. At a distance of 15-25 yards and 875-900FPS, CPHP is a precise pellet, which can completely replace the pellets of more than 20 dollars. From 35 yards to 50 yards, the group consistency of CPHP becomes worse. At this time, if using the dome pellets, the group will tighten to 1/2 inch, but occasionally fly solo, I can't find the reason.

In conclusion, as a 50 yard close range pellet, Crossman Premiere HP 14.3 GR is inexpensive, readily available and ideal for pest control
Hmmmm....

Becomes worse compaired to what?

I shoot them to 100y and its kinda marginal.

I just shoot'em i will wash and lube to get the flakes off them . Some time you got to look before you load

Even after my through wash and a few Rinse tumblings there can be that flake stuck that will throw a pellet off balance / flyers
flake.jpg

Then what do i expect from $7 500 count walmart pellets ? Surely not this at 75-100y ( 5 shots). Yuck...

cphp 177,r9.jpg

I get worse groups with the dome pellets, out of my Maverick .22 Compact the CPHP's work great out to about 35 yards, haven't tried them out farther. My Sapsan does well with the CPHP's at 30 yards also, 1/2" groups.

Reactions: beerthief