• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back to a traditional "Forum List" view, and/or "Light" mode click HERE.

Crossman Premier HP's .22 not so cheap anymore.

are these still around?
1706977238624.png

So Ive been out of airgunning for about 8 months. I got injured and just now starting to get back into it. My goto cheapie pellet was the Crossman Premier Hollowpoint 500 .22 cal for $5 all day long on Amazon. Now it's $11 WTF??? It's litterly more than doubled in less than a year. Crazy. I'm about out and looking for a good deal on these or a good replacement.

I have had good experience up to about 50 yds or so and that's where I do a lot of shooting but man it got really expensive. Two questions

1) What is a good cheap alternative to the old Crossman Premier HP's?
2) Where can I find the best deals out there on cheap but good pelltes. .I'm interested in .22

Thanks and happy shooting.
Yeah, you're gonna have to order them at walmart online. It's not even worth ordering pellets from amazon specially with how they come everytime.

I swear the newer tins of crosmans are different. I can grab an older tin, like only a couple years old, and the newer ones. Shoot them side by side, and the grouping is off and I have more fliers from the newer stuff. I'm not talking about the crappy Brazil made pellets they had for a bit, I'm talking about the new ones still made in East Bloomfield or Rochester NY.

Reactions: Treefrog
Yeah, and I'll never understand why.
I suppose, and to reluctantly defend Amazon, their people are clueless on what proper packaging is for a tin of pellets. Time is money, so get it in a box, throw a bit of wrinkled paper in it and on to the next package. To diverse of an item inventory for them to make a packaging decision. And then there’s the former NFL place kickers at FedEx, UPS,USPS,DHL…

Reactions: beerthief
I suppose, and to reluctantly defend Amazon, their people are clueless on what proper packaging is for a tin of pellets. Time is money, so get it in a box, throw a bit of wrinkled paper in it and on to the next package. To diverse of an item inventory for them to make a packaging decision. And then there’s the former NFL place kickers at FedEx, UPS,USPS,DHL…
How have you reveived your tins? In an envelope? Or a small box?

How have you reveived your tins? In an envelope? Or a small box?
I have never supported Bezos. He’s too anti you know what. My pellets come from PA. I live about twenty minutes from them so I cheat UPS of the opportunity to make them look like pre-fired pellets by picking up in person.

EDIT: Even though I pick them up in person, PA packs them as if they are being shipped by their preferred contract carrier.

Last edited:
I have never supported Bezos. He’s too anti you know what. My pellets come from PA. I live about twenty minutes from them so I cheat UPS of the opportunity to make them look like pre-fired pellets by picking up in person.
I hate PA for the reason I live in a different state and still have to pay sales tax.

Reactions: JaceSpace1369
I swear the newer tins of crosmans are different. I can grab an older tin, like only a couple years old, and the newer ones. Shoot them side by side, and the grouping is off and I have more fliers from the newer stuff. I'm not talking about the crappy Brazil made pellets they had for a bit, I'm talking about the new ones still made in East Bloomfield or Rochester NY.

That's been my experience as well. I'll occasionall pick up an older tin at the flea market and they always group tighter than the new ones do.

J~

Reactions: Dr. Kralenstein
I hate PA for the reason I live in a different state and still have to pay sales tax.
I hear ya, if I buy an airgun and UA or AoA carries it, I order from them. No tax and typically free shipping on guns. Been lucky so far with no damage to guns during shipping. I think I just jinxed myself.

LOL,have you priced the cost of fish bait lately,come 0n n0w,pellets are cheap compared to everything else that makes fun.
Another thing is the higher the cost of pellets the better shooter you should become.
crying about the price of pellets,oh my,pellets are the cheapest things I can have fun with.
I remember when I bought a barebow. I thought awesome, after initial investment in required equipment, no more expenses. First time out I Robinhood an arrow, two arrows ruined, $20 down the drain. 😤😤

Reactions: boscoebrea