• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back to a traditional "Forum List" view, and/or "Light" mode click HERE.

Crosman Crossman HFT Challenger by Airgun Revisions

For starts, it was a pleasure working with Rich of Airgun Revisions.
This PCP was perfectly packed and even though a lot of customization took place, not a scratch to be found.
Lots of documentation and all the appropriate warranty info included; esp that provided by Airgun Revisions; maintenance info, shot strings and other important things documented well and included. very nice package.

Rich tuned this gun with Benjamin's newest 10.5 pellet so i'm eager to see how well this combo works.
I specifically asked for a very lightweight build that placed most of the weight at my shoulder.
I mounted a good size Hawke scope on it 4-16x50 FFP MOA #1741 which weighs 25.6 oz or 725 grams all by itself.
My all in weight was 8 lbs 12 oz fully dressed.
Although i haven't tried this yet, there is some hollow space in the stock just behind the Challenger's grip that i may be able to slip some weighted material into; which would put more weight to the rear of the action.

The Challenger is super easy to set up for personal ergonomics. I was provided an extra length of cheek riser or shoulder extension metal, which was very useful (necessary) in setting a proper eye box and cheek weld.
Trigger is a smidge over 7 OZ and has a crisp break.

This gun has a special purpose as it will be introducing people to Field Target - unless it out shoots my other much more expensive rigs.

Shooting will commence this afternoon when things warm up a bit... But i like to tease.

C1BBF31D-BDF5-4D45-975B-64ADC33C327C_1_201_a.jpeg

Last edited:
Thanks for your post. I’m not a Field Target shooter ( not yet anyway) but I have a question. I read on the Airgun Revisions website that the rifle can be had in either 12 fpe or 18 fpe. Both versions listed as getting 60 shots. I was wondering why the 12 fpe version doesn’t get more shots than the 18 fpe version.
I have the same rifle in the 10 meter power level and it is a ton of fun to shoot and gets a couple hundred shots on a fill. I think one in 18 fpe would be a cool option to have.
Kenny

Reactions: cavedweller
Thanks for your post. I’m not a Field Target shooter ( not yet anyway) but I have a question. I read on the Airgun Revisions website that the rifle can be had in either 12 fpe or 18 fpe. Both versions listed as getting 60 shots. I was wondering why the 12 fpe version doesn’t get more shots than the 18 fpe version.
I have the same rifle in the 10 meter power level and it is a ton of fun to shoot and gets a couple hundred shots on a fill. I think one in 18 fpe would be a cool option to have.
Kenny
FT gun is about 90 shots. The web is a. Typo that I’ll be correcting, thank you for the heads up. Just fyi FT competition is a 60 shot course. So it’s just pretty much saying no need to refill for competition use which is what it’s intended for.

For starts, it was a pleasure working with Rich of Airgun Revisions.
This PCP was perfectly packed and even though a lot of customization took place, not a scratch to be found.
Lots of documentation and all the appropriate warranty info included; esp that provided by Airgun Revisions; maintenance info, shot strings and other important things documented well and included. very nice package.

Rich tuned this gun with Benjamin's newest 10.5 pellet so i'm eager to see how well this combo works.
I specifically asked for a very lightweight build that placed most of the weight at my shoulder.
I mounted a good size Hawke scope on it 4-16x50 FFP MOA #1741 which weighs 25.6 oz or 725 grams all by itself.
My all in weight was 8 lbs 12 oz fully dressed.
Although i haven't tried this yet, there is some hollow space in the stock just behind the Challenger's grip that i may be able to slip some weighted material into; which would put more weight to the rear of the action.

The Challenger is super easy to set up for personal ergonomics. I was provided an extra length of cheek riser or shoulder extension metal, which was very useful (necessary) in setting a proper eye box and cheek weld.
Trigger is a smidge over 7 OZ and has a crisp break.

This gun has a special purpose as it will be introducing people to Field Target - unless it out shoots my other much more expensive rigs.

Shooting will commence this afternoon when things warm up a bit... But i like to tease.

View attachment 407676
The fill pressure is 3200 on the HFT. I don’t remember if that info was with the gun.

Kenny
Math - a 6 ft lb gun will get more shots than a 12 ftlb gun which will get more shots than a 20 ftlb gun; but Variations of air tube size or fill pressure or how a regulator is set will create some difference. So many variables that I can’t give you a definitive answer without specific knowledge of a specific platform.

The fill pressure is 3200 on the HFT. I don’t remember if that info was with the gun.
The challenger was a joy to set up … the meters / sec information provided initially threw off my game because I’m a FPS guy; but my FX chrono saved the day and I verified approx 880 FPS + or ~ a few.
Math isn’t my strong suit. zeroed at 30 yards easily and I verified my StrelokPro dope with actual shots taken - perfect!
I ran out of daylight so I didn’t have a chance to do some standers or kneelers.
But it’s obvious that This lil challenger is a sweet shooter!

The challenger was a joy to set up … the meters / sec information provided initially threw off my game because I’m a FPS guy; but my FX chrono saved the day and I verified approx 880 FPS + or ~ a few.
Math isn’t my strong suit. zeroed at 30 yards easily and I verified my StrelokPro dope with actual shots taken - perfect!
I ran out of daylight so I didn’t have a chance to do some standers or kneelers.
But it’s obvious that This lil challenger is a sweet shooter!
Quick look at my dope - not all verified yet:
IMG_6769.jpeg
IMG_6768.jpeg

does the barrel shroud tame the bark? If it doesn’t, can a moderator be added easily?
Mine is the HFT <20 ftlb version and It is a quiet gun. I haven’t put a sound meter up at 10 yards yet. I asked about an adapter for using a 1/2” unf moderator but airgun revisions didn’t recommend. Bought and installed anyway and it’s pfffft quiet.

Last edited:
Reactions: baranjhn
I'm reading this with great enthusiasm. I have a 10m 2021 Challenger and it is an awesome rifle. I'd love to have a shrouded barrel put on it and leave it as is power wise, then buy one of the more powerful rifles from AR.
This is a really fantastic idea as the platform is one of my favorites and very, very well made. I would stack the 2021 Challenger trigger up against almost any other airgun.

Well fast forward a year and, Wolfman greg, (a GREAT guy), sold me his AR Challenger HFT. What a gun! This thing is awesome. I have a stock Challenger that is louder than the 18fpe Challenger HFT. The 6 fpe gun has a certain bark, not much but a bark, especially notable when shooting from my shed. The HFT is almost dead quiet. I love it.

does the barrel shroud tame the bark? If it doesn’t, can a moderator be added easily?
Yes and yes, spent a good part of my morning shooting 3 different Crosman HFT <20 challengers. All barrels are shrouded and moderated with weihrauch mods. All tuned by Airgun Revisions. So quiet that only noise “I hear” is the distinct actions “ping” …. Unlikely any neighbors can hear it.
IMG_7368.jpeg

Last edited: