• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Crossman F4 elcheapo at Walmart

I bought this break barrel crossman F4 last year at Walmart, gave $80 bucks for it. Got it home mounted the 4x32 Centerpoint scope that came with the gun. Zeroed in rather quickly at 15 yards and then the shots started flying everywhere. Checked all my rifle and scope mount screws, all were good. Through process of elimination figured out the scope was junk. No issues, ordered a Barska 3x12x40 AO for like $60 on Amazon.. Installed this scope and this cheap gun came to life. Taking Squirrels and Pigeons at 40 to 50 yards, with ease. Don't be fooled into thinking a cheap gun in price, will mean poor in performance all the time.

So not true. 

What's the cheapest, most enjoyable air rifle that you own?

Reactions: fishing43
HW 30. No such thing as a free pony in my shed🤪

I have in the past tried some of the el chipo stuff and just couldn’t be satisfied.

My buddy has a GAMO rifle and I’ve tried to help him get it to shoot and I can’t get a scope to stay in place on it and the trigger is just so terrible. Plus the recoil. Tried a Crosman multiple pump and it was better then the GAMO in some respects but I just could not be happy with it. 

Hey if you can be happy with cheap great. I’ve always thought the more you pay for beer the worse it tastes. Good old miller lite for me. Not so with guns 

Reactions: sekiar
Crosman 760 pump- carried one in my duffle bag for 4 years in the service ( sawed off the stock) took it everywhere.

Accurate enough to get/ eat lizards in the desert, rodents in the jungle, always got me meat to go with c rations.

Bunnies in Bavaria and Savannah. Still have the rusty old thing, still shoots into the black at a 10 meter target at 10 meters. Smooth bore, bb or pellet, open sights, I'd like to have it cremated w me. 

I've got a ton of stories behind this gun....

I bought this break barrel crossman F4 last year at Walmart, gave $80 bucks for it. Got it home mounted the 4x32 Centerpoint scope that came with the gun. Zeroed in rather quickly at 15 yards and then the shots started flying everywhere. Checked all my rifle and scope mount screws, all were good. Through process of elimination figured out the scope was junk. No issues, ordered a Barska 3x12x40 AO for like $60 on Amazon.. Installed this scope and this cheap gun came to life. Taking Squirrels and Pigeons at 40 to 50 yards, with ease. Don't be fooled into thinking a cheap gun in price, will mean poor in performance all the time.

So not true. 

What's the cheapest, most enjoyable air rifle that you own?

I was just looking at the F4 on line at Wal Mart.

Is it, any nitro pistons in general, really 60-70% quieter (as advertised) than spring rifles?

I'm looking at getting one of the F4's soon. My Daughter has also caught the bug of air guns at 13yo and she's been shooting my Benjamin .22 I bought from Wally World alot!! She really wants the F4 for whatever reason. How can I go wrong? I get my air rifle back and she keeps plinking for under $100. :) Glad to hear they are fairly decent too.

Reactions: Farmplinker2
I will say for what I paid for a used HW30 , at 25 yards it is as accurate as any spring rifle I have owned. That would include a FWB124D , TX200 MK111 , Diana 54 Air King , and a AA Pro Elite. The only rifle I have owned that might be better at poking nice holes in paper is an Anschutz 380 I once owned. I paid $225 for the low powered HW30. Power isn't every thing , but accuracy is. 

Reactions: sekiar
Really enjoying the one I purchased a couple months ago. Probably have close to 1000 pellets through it. The center point scope not so good. Went with a Winchester, much better, but doesn’t hold zero for very long. Have a Hammers on the way. If that gives me issues I am going to mount a green laser on the bottom of the barrel and use the scope to find the laser. I don’t have to go farther than 30 yards so that should do the trick. If I am still having this much fun in a year, I think I will upgrade to a middle of the road pcp. Had been using a Daisy 880 prior to the Crosman. The Daisy cured my squirrel problem, just hated loading the pellets and having to pump 10 times. 

Crosman Storm XT in 177. Bought it years ago for a 100 bucks before I ever heard of high quality air guns. It is very accurate and still functions perfectly after all these years of hard use. Have not even broken the spring or needed to replace the seal yet. It wasn't until I got the trigger cleaned up that I really started to enjoy using it. A lot of the cheap guns can be pretty good shooters once you break them in and do something with the trigger.

I still wouldn't take this rifle over my HW95.

1594862939_3024394495f0fad5ba87790.26124842.jpg
1594863024_5980293635f0fadb0df40d8.83686659.jpg
1594863079_4167476645f0fade7028e69.63705140.jpg
My Beeman RS2, Crossman Optimus, are the cheapest. But have been tuned trigers polished and soft bedded. They both have very smooth shot cycles. With the work they shoot like many rifles costing much more.

The XS25 and XS25B where purchased from Mike at Flying Dragon he turned them and I soft bedded both. What can I say simply a joy to shoot every bit as good as any 34

Have some others but they are borderline cheap. But the price I paid for them would fall into the $100 range however they retail for more.