Crossman 2240 Build (Where To Start?)

Many of us learned the basics and had a blast customizing some form of Crosman leggo setup. I started with a custom shop 2400KT with 18" barrell. Swapped the tube, did a 3 screw mod for a disco valve with a sleeved p-rod poppet. Filled to 1900psi I get 20 shots @900 fps. You are right, it's all about the fun and learning experience.

Can't go wrong with both 😁

2240.5.jpg

Bottled.jpg

I've built quite a few myself and they will end up in the $300 range, depending on where you source parts and your hands on skills. My 2240 is currently set up with a 1720 177 barrel and shrouded with 8 baffles. It's quiet as a mouse fart, stacking cheap pellets out to 35-40 yards, and is doing 11 fpe for 100 shots on a 250cc bottle with 4000 psi fill.View attachment 332516
If you don't mind me asking where did you get the shroud for the barrel? Did you make it yourself or is there a company that makes shrouds for these. Also are there any shrouds for the .22 barrels?

If you don't mind me asking where did you get the shroud for the barrel? Did you make it yourself or is there a company that makes shrouds for these. Also are there any shrouds for the .22 barrels?
I made it from a kral np03 shroud and front cap, a rear end piece from a TKO moderator, and an Mrod air stripper with 8 baffles.

You can get Mrod shroud ends, air stripper, spring/baffles, and a shroud. Cut it down to the length you like, and just pin the rear with a set screw or have it re threaded. The parts will fit the crosman barrels, theyre 7/16" OD

I made it from a kral np03 shroud and front cap, a rear end piece from a TKO moderator, and an Mrod air stripper with 8 baffles.

You can get Mrod shroud ends, air stripper, spring/baffles, and a shroud. Cut it down to the length you like, and just pin the rear with a set screw or have it re threaded. The parts will fit the crosman barrels, theyre 7/16" OD
How can I PM you I have few more questions? I can't find the option anywhere. Will it let you initiate a PM with me?

If I were building a 22xx tanker today and didn't have any parts, I would probably buy a 2400KT from the Crosman Custom Shop and one of the screw-in tank blocks from Magnum Air Power. You could use a 2300KT, but personally I like the looks of the forearm on the 2400. And the screw in block can be used with either the 2300 or 2400, while the kind you have to crosspin doesn't work well with the 2400.
Basically the 2300 is a custom 2240 with a steel breech and other nice touches, while the 2400 is a 2250 with those same features.

You will have to make the valve seal to the tube, which means a bulk-fill valve or at least a bulk fill front half for your existing valve. A Discovery valve will also work.

Get the long tank block; you will probably regret it if you don't.

Seeing the various builds always makes me think of some of those who I worked with back in the day when I started.
Roy at mountainair he's still around
Grant Stace crazy as an outhouse rat, but wow...he made some pretty parts
Art Braden dont know where he is these days
Calvin Lewis dont know where he is either
Rich in Mich same..

If you need some inspiration, check out some of the stuff here from days gone by...

Reactions: bf1956
the 2240 days are gone i'm afraid back when everyone was going to HPA there was nothing else to do but build your own but not now
oh i have 9-10-11 custom 2240 pistols i have been down that rabbit hole but there is a simple solution now the Umarex Notos
pistol carbine has sight available
now build your pistol you have every right but as your wallet gets thinner and thinner and you can't seem to get all those parts to work remember my words
just because we can doesn't mean we should
the Snowpeak, Artemis, Diana pistols are already to go also and are cheap but for the money the Notos is the deal of this year
one other thing we as builder have lost and that is all the small little mom and pop places that we could build our 2240 from, they are all but gone

but you did ask where do i start well that would be with a 1720 trigger group and build the gun from there, i guess that would be from the bottom up

and you might ask how much money could you spend on a 2240, i have well over 800.00 in a stainless pistol with a nickel Swift scope on it, i call it my art project
but again be warned the 2240 rabbit hole can be a costly adventure