Crossman 2100 vs wasp

IMG_20240408_131319683.jpg

Gun................... Crossman 2100
Ammo.............. Just air
# of pumps...... 6
Distance........... 3 inches from the muzzle
Location........... Inside the house

Not sure what gets them, the pressure from the air blast or the air blast slamming their head into the window. It also works for house flies.

Nice shooting! I am not a fan of flies, mosquitos or wasps. I use any weapon of chance when I encounter one. I recently purchased the best bug killing weapon next to a zapper light. This thing is a hoot, especially if you leave some bait out.

Reactions: frankie
That's the best kind of wasp. Your method also preserves the best cuts of meat. :p Before the seals went bad I used to shoot wasps with my old childhood Crosman 760. I would pump it a few times and then place a pinch of sugar into the breech and fire away. Worked great out to 4 or 5 feet.
Kenny
I was going to try rock salt in my cheap Walmart Crossman 760 however was worried about the salt getting into the action. Do you do any cleaning after you shoot the sugar????? I was thinking I could stuff a wax paper wad first down the barrel. I want to snipe at carpenter bees and wasps. Any hints readers????

I was going to try rock salt in my cheap Walmart Crossman 760 however was worried about the salt getting into the action. Do you do any cleaning after you shoot the sugar????? I was thinking I could stuff a wax paper wad first down the barrel. I want to snipe at carpenter bees and wasps. Any hints readers????

I haven't any good ideas, but like where this is going... Maybe check the spice rack? Crushed red pepper might offer larger "shot" 🤔😁

...probably best not to shoot that into the wind 🤣

Last edited:
Reactions: JDR and frankie
I would not use salt just to prevent rust. I never had any problems with the sugar. I never needed to clean it out afterward. All the sugar just seemed to get blasted out with the shot. I do have a Bug-A-Salt now though and it is lots of fun too.
Kenny