Crossman 1377 pcp coversion project

Got re interested in the 1377. Got a new version from amazon for $50, saw on ebay that there is a regulated dual pressure gauge conversion kit. $89, Steel breech conversion kit from pyramidair $50 and a polished 18inch barrel $60. Will add a better reddot and donnyfl adapter and tanto to lessen the bark when arrives
Added the adapter and tanto. Way way more quiet.
New pcp airtube and barrel bands in place

IMG_4010.jpeg

IMG_4009.jpeg

Last edited:
Got re interested in the 1377. Got a new version from amazon for $50, saw on ebay that there is a regulated dual pressure gauge conversion kit. $89, Steel breech conversion kit from pyramidair $50 and a polished 18inch barrel $60. Will add a better reddot and donnyfl adapter and tanto to lessen the bark when arrives

View attachment 359676

View attachment 359677
Very interested in the regulated dual pressure gauge conversion kit. Are the pictures of your build or a build you are using as a model?

Once i fully complete the project i will get some chrony results

Need trigger grip assembly from donated 1377. Exchange the part in the grip that releases the hammer(included), put on regular 10.25 inch barrel on the 1377. And you are done, pcp chamber comes pre built, regulator is adjustable. I have filled it to 3000 psi. No leakes. Able to go to 4000 but I have reservations to push it that far.

The 18 inch barrel upgrade is optional.

Last edited:
Reactions: Pelletonic
Twohsieh - Great looking build! I noticed that Amazon has the same or similar kits available for both the 1377/1322 and the 2240. Not sure what the differences are but I ordered a kit for my older 2250. Thank you for your post and helping me find a new project.

Yeah seem to be the same, same price also and an Amazon return means no fighting eBay if it's jacked up.

i hate to say it but i wonder if these builds make any sense any more
oh don't get me wrong i have 9-11 custom 2240 but back in the day when we want a HPA pistol few were available, so we made our own, note i never did
so now you take a 1377 and throw the whole pistol in a box and start over
trigger group replace it
breech, replace it
barrel, replace it
tube replace it
sights find something
fiddle with all the part and smile at what you did
or
buy a Diana Bandit fill it with gas and shoot it
the Chaser- Bandit trigger can be made to be as good as they get, i have rebuilt 6 Chasers to have a trigger pull of 1-1.5mm in movement
barrels are fine, sight are fine, they have a metal breeches, can use mags, come with a LDC, metal finish is outstanding, accuracy is very good

now these are just my opinions no ore no less
2010-08-18 14.55.01.jpg
SAM_0346.JPG
SAM_0354.JPG

Yeah, I hear you, but since when have airguns needed to "make sense"?

Many of my friends I've tried to hip to airguns don't think they make sense if the cost is more than the cheapest rim fire they can acquire at Wal Mart.

BTW, those are some good looking builds, Bandit included !

I think it comes down to being able to build it out how you want it. With those HPA conversion kits you wouldn't really need to buy the gun as they come with the main tube, you could just buy the parts and build it out. If you already have the gun you can just swap over everything thing, you really don't have to replace any parts if you choose not to. Me personally I love to tinker with crap so the building process is half the fun.

Marflow 777 - great looking pistols! You obviously have great building skills.

Twohsieh's build is at $249 without the moderator or adapter figured in and a Diana Bandit is listed for $200 at PA (back ordered). The Crosman build will include a regulator and the Diana doesn't, but the Diana has a magazine feed and moderator. I understand your position but don't see a big difference in in the pistols (from a cost perspective) based on all the aftermarket parts and information available for a Crosman build.

In my case I have a lot of Crosman parts, including an older 2250 that I am going to use to convert to PCP, so my initial cost will only be the cost of the conversion kit. I also had a Diana Bandit but didn't have your skills so I sold it because I wasn't impressed with its performance and availability of aftermarket parts.

Reactions: swNCsw
that is a Chaser 13 inch barrel this and that
the silver 2240 with scope would cost over 800.00 to build
the other pistol is a Venum Build with Steve Corcoran wood uses Marauder mags, i have never seen another but there have to be more
and this hobby is a money pit that is very big
and i am just a tinkerer no great builder, want help in this hobby is a great imagination and then be able to find the pieces to put it together
most of us have just hand tools a drill press maybe so we have to find ways to do jobs that need bigger tools
cut barrels using pillow blocks and just a drill but as i said imagination

that is a Chaser 13 inch barrel this and that
the silver 2240 with scope would cost over 800.00 to build
the other pistol is a Venum Build with Steve Corcoran wood uses Marauder mags, i have never seen another but there have to be more
and this hobby is a money pit that is very big
and i am just a tinkerer no great builder, want help in this hobby is a great imagination and then be able to find the pieces to put it together
most of us have just hand tools a drill press maybe so we have to find ways to do jobs that need bigger tools
cut barrels using pillow blocks and just a drill but as i said imagination
The level of my skills are copy, bolt together, test and tune. You take to the next level.

I do agree that Crosman modifications can be a rabbit hole. I started out with Crosman co2 pistols in about 2003. Eventually moved to bulk fill co2 on 2 heavily modified Crosmans (2250 & 2260). Also, have one Custom Shop build (2240) from the same time frame that I had tuned by a airgunsmith in Oregon (can't remember his name after all these years). Got tired of bulk fill about 2010 and converted the modified bulk fill Crosmans to standard co2 cartridge in 2011 and never used them again. All 3 have been in storage since then. Got interested in Crosman when I bought a 1701 a few months ago. Have been following the pistol forum since then. Saw Twohsieh's post and pulled the old Crosmans out of storage. Tested the warmed over Custom Shop build on the crony with JSB Hades and was a bit surprised at its performance. That pushed me over the edge and I ordered the PCP conversion for my 2250.

Test of my Custom Shop 2240 after sitting for 12 years:
Temp = 71*
JSB Hades 22cal 15.83gr
Shot count: 10
Low: 445
Hi: 455
Avg: 450
Spread: 10
STD Dev: 4.1

2240.JPG

2250.JPG

2260.JPG

I just got an update from the seller of the conversion kits on Amazon. They have a newer version of their kits. Here is the link:

I saw that one. but I hate the idea of the fill probe, I get confused on which gun which fill probe. the dual pressure gauge is helpful in the older version

Reactions: iAMzehTOASTY1