Crosman Skanaker Model 88

I bought a Crosman Skanaker Model 88 it didn't come with the equipment needed to fill it. Can I use Air instead of CO2. Any ideals on where to find the equipment, or how much pressure I could fill it to. Any information on this gun would be helpful.

Skanacker.jpg

Reactions: QWC and Airgun Al
If you can figure out a way to tether it to an HPA bottle then I see no reason why you couldn't. If what you want to do is just pressurize the tube with air however then that won't work very well. There's only enough space in a typical CO2 chamber at CO2 pressures for one or two shots using air.

There was a company years ago that was marketing refillable air cylinders with the same dimensions as CO2 cartridges though.

Reactions: Airgun Al
use HPA instead of CO2 NOPE
there are no parts and to find them could be an act of the almighty
you will have to turn over every rock you can find but in the end you could have bought yourself a new paper weight
even when or if you get the adapter to fill the tank you have no idea if will hold CO2 or hiss like a snake
here is the page at Crosman that will give you and owner's manual and parts diagram
JG air guns has 4 parts 2 are springs
i have seen these for sale for so many years and after don't a deep dive on them i have steered clear not worth the trouble
i would also post in every forum you can find for help someone could have everything you need or not at all there is a Crosman forum
https://support.crosman.com/hc/en-us/articles/203543110-88-Owner-s-Manual-EVP-1987-1991

i would like to say it is going to okay but i will wish you luck

Reactions: AirNGasman
The adapter block for filling the old Crosman bulk tanks works for this also. Note that the original pistol kit included a spare tank, a bleeder screw, and this CO2 to Crosman aadapter block. Without the bleeder, you can't put AS MUCH in it, but it will still do ok, especially if you chill the pistol cylinder first.
Check with Mike Baker (not Baker Airguns) or Rick Wilnecker for this bulk fill adapter block.
I had two Skanakers over the years and they shot well and were capable of great power. Speaking of that, Mac1 might still have some stuff on hand for them, He was making 22 cal silhouette and hunting pistols out of them for a while.
Bob

use HPA instead of CO2 NOPE
there are no parts and to find them could be an act of the almighty
you will have to turn over every rock you can find but in the end you could have bought yourself a new paper weight
even when or if you get the adapter to fill the tank you have no idea if will hold CO2 or hiss like a snake
here is the page at Crosman that will give you and owner's manual and parts diagram
JG air guns has 4 parts 2 are springs
i have seen these for sale for so many years and after don't a deep dive on them i have steered clear not worth the trouble
i would also post in every forum you can find for help someone could have everything you need or not at all there is a Crosman forum
https://support.crosman.com/hc/en-us/articles/203543110-88-Owner-s-Manual-EVP-1987-1991

i would like to say it is going to okay but i will wish you luck
If I never get to fire it, it will be worth it to me just to hang on the wall.

Reactions: beerthief
well i want you to fire it but if you are in this hobby long enough you will know that somethings are very hard to achieved
i have many pistols that are one part failure away to make them a paper weight
i post in the most realistic terms
what would be best is to come up with and screw on tank that is powered by 12gr carts
the tanks have screw on ends and the center is a just a tube ?
if you took and made a piercing cap on the front that would give power and if it was too short for a 12gr a 8gr could be use
would it be correct NO but it is a work around
could an adapter be made, i would think so, the y use Brass hex bar stock with threads for the bulk tank and a hole with seal in the side and i guess there would be something to push the tanks pin down to open the fill port
so finding factory parts will still be hard but making custom parts only take money

Reactions: quickdra64
They are still available.
Ive never used one, so Im not sure how feasable they are, but they are still available.