• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Crosman Crosman Sights

I currently have a Crosman 2300KT with the Williams Notch Target rear sight installed for shooting with irons. I am thinking of trying the LPA MIM rear sight on another 2300KT. Before I buy one I thought I would ask here. Does anyone have any experience using both of these rear sights so that they can compare the two. The target type knobs on the Williams make it look like it might be higher quality but it is actually substantially cheaper than the LPA MIM.

sight cost LPA Crosman Williams
custom shop 24.69 42.99
Pyramyd Air 62.99 79.95
the LPA see what you see and small compact sight with far less adjustment built in
the William sight is very adjustable and, in my view, a better sight
do not own an LPA but have 5 Williams blade sights

if i could get the LPA at custom shop prices i would have many along with the Williams

Reactions: sjs
I have both and have shot them back to back. The Williams is very nice for making quick adjustments and just kind of oozes quality. But the LPA works much better for me, especially with the Crosman post fronts that come on the 2300S. There is another Williams rear sight that, to me anyway, works much better. It is a peep sight

You may have to drill it out a bit depending on your tastes it is a rifle sight, so the aperature is small-ish.

FWIW
Chris

i have never used a peep on a pistol
you could with some parts change a Williams blade sight to a peep but the chances of it working on a pistol at normal arm positions are very slim
Williams mark a peep with target knobs but it is designed for rifle
a target iris disc hole size is in the 1mm range, up close it can be looked through, at a distance there is no way
if you had, say, an iris at 3-4-5mm you might have an idea but it has never been tested by me
and of course the relationship in height of the rear and front sight will always be in play

I have an LPA on my 1701P. It does not have the range of adjustment that the Williams has. I had to file about 1.5mm off the top of the front blade on the 1701P in order to get into the middle of the adjustment range at 10M. No big deal, but the point is you would probably not need to do this with the Williams. For my shooting, the LPA is quite excellent and unobtrusive.
The other thing about the LPA is that it often arrives at full elevation. In this position, you cannot reach the socket head screws with the supplied allen key. The key appears to be the wrong size in this case. Simple fix: lower the elevation and the holes in the top of the sight will line up with the socket heads so you can tighten the sight onto the dovetail.

I have a couple of the 2300KT tkype guns, one stock, one I built up in .22 cal and several other guns with the LPA MIM sight. The Williams is far easier to adjust and IMHO has a somewhat sharper notch giving a better sight picture if you can call it that. No flies on the LPA, the advantage is that it is much more compact. Once zeroed it stays where it is. however if you bump say the front sight or the barrel and cause any movement and need to quickly re zero or make an adjustment, you had better have the small supplied tool or a small screwdriver on hand. I think of the Williams as more a pure target sight and the LPA as a sporting sight. Yes you can get a peep sight leaf for the Williams.

Reactions: rcarlisle