• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Crosman CROSMAN SA6 tuning for + 400 fps- would be possible?

Hi guys,

I had never heard of a COLT SAA co2 .22 caliber, yesterday I received the first news of its existence through a person who put it up for sale, miraculously in good condition and working.

After seeing and shooting I started thinking about improving the power, (only less than 300 fps), I have not found any type of tuning for this revolver.

I've thought about installing a longer 6.5' barrel by adding a threaded metal head to the end of the dummy barrel to hide the real barrel.

and trim the closing thread of the valve cone a little. Has anyone performed a similar operation? Will it improve to exceed 400 fps? Can other improvements be made to have more power?

I don't want to break a weapon that is very difficult to get here, but I can't resist the challenge. I hope we can put together all the information and experiences to come up with a good overall tuning project for this legendary revolver.

This revolver, shooting at 450 fps, would be unbeatable.

Thanks for your participation guys.

Hi guys,

I had never heard of a COLT SAA co2 .22 caliber, yesterday I received the first news of its existence through a person who put it up for sale, miraculously in good condition and working.

After seeing and shooting I started thinking about improving the power, (only less than 300 fps), I have not found any type of tuning for this revolver.

I've thought about installing a longer 6.5' barrel by adding a threaded metal head to the end of the dummy barrel to hide the real barrel.

and trim the closing thread of the valve cone a little. Has anyone performed a similar operation? Will it improve to exceed 400 fps? Can other improvements be made to have more power?

I don't want to break a weapon that is very difficult to get here, but I can't resist the challenge. I hope we can put together all the information and experiences to come up with a good overall tuning project for this legendary revolver.

This revolver, shooting at 450 fps, would be unbeatable.

Thanks for your participation guys.
You have an Umarex Colt SSA replica, .177 caliber, 5.5 inch barrel (measure it yourself), rated at 380 fps.

The problem with revolvers is that they leak propellent gas between the rotating cylinders and the gun's barrel. With firearms these hot gases can actually injure the shooter's hand.

Any barrel extension would need to be the exact diameter of the barrel or gas would escape around the pellet.

There is a special edition if this pistol with a 7.5 inch barrel, rated at 420 fps. I think that your best solution would be to replace your barrel with a longer one.

You have an Umarex Colt SSA replica, .177 caliber, 5.5 inch barrel (measure it yourself), rated at 380 fps.

The problem with revolvers is that they leak propellent gas between the rotating cylinders and the gun's barrel. With firearms these hot gases can actually injure the shooter's hand.

Any barrel extension would need to be the exact diameter of the barrel or gas would escape around the pellet.

There is a special edition if this pistol with a 7.5 inch barrel, rated at 420 fps. I think that your best solution would be to replace your barrel with a longer one.
ok, the idea is to mill a new barrel for the SA6 of the original thickness and 7.5 inches long, the added threaded head only disguises the excess of the new barrel.

Regarding the Colt Umarex 177, a very interesting option would be to adapt a .22 barrel, I would bet that it would maintain the same energy or even improve.
It would become a revolver with interesting power.