Crosman Pellets

Crossman pellets are alive and well. I ordered 5 tins from amazon last week and 5 tins from Pyramyd this afternoon. There are plenty available from Crosman at their site. Crosman pellets are great. I shoot them in all my weapons. My pulsar loves the CPHPs and my Weihrauch Bullpup in .177 shoots one hole groups with the premier 10.5 s.

Picked up some Crosman .22 hp 500ct @ walmart $6.24 per tin, no shipping My Benjamin cayden, shoots them well, the pellets are in good condition, unlike the last order of jsb 18 grain pellets, two of the five tins I bought, were deformed and had bent skirts... Only wish that crosman pellets offered heavier grain sizes . So at $6.24 per tin of 500 for the crosman's that shoot well, good quality, My last order of jsb 18grain pellets,$19,99 per 500... I will continue to buy them, Sorry jsb, I hope that the quality of your pellets returns.

I was just about to start a thread on Crosman pellets. I just bought a mixture of wad cutters to see what my Diana Stormrider likes.

The Crosman, I notice, have a seam. It goes all through the pellet like they were cast with a poorly machined two-piece mold. I figured they weren't even worth trying out. They don't look like they could be accurate. The seam terminates on the base of the skirt and results in tiny deformities opposite each other on the skirt bottom. I guess I'm surprised that you guys find them accurate, I'll have to try.

In the mean time, this gun likes the Sig Air Match, 7.71g pellet. Here's a target at 30 yards.

half size.1632663689.jpg

I still have some of the premier pellets from back in the day when they were king of the hill !! If compared to todays pellets you can see where the tooling has worn, and Crossman isnt about to spend big bucks on new tooling with all the competition out there. Yes there are some guns that still shoot them well, my TX200 is one of them!! However, a lot of sorting is needed if I were going to comoete with them. My old pellets are still superior, but dont want to use up the small supply I still have. I am stsrting to see similiar issues with JSB pellets in the 8.4 gn. When compared to older pellets you can see the wear on the tools. As a retired toolmake after 50 years this was my speciality, so I can see tooling wear better than the avg person. I switched to the AA version of this same pellet as their is less wear on there tools. The crossman premier pellets are worth a try if your testing pellets, but be aware that Crossman will probably not keep there tooling updated, so future supplies will not improve.

I still have some of the premier pellets from back in the day when they were king of the hill !! If compared to todays pellets you can see where the tooling has worn, and Crossman isnt about to spend big bucks on new tooling with all the competition out there. Yes there are some guns that still shoot them well, my TX200 is one of them!! However, a lot of sorting is needed if I were going to comoete with them. My old pellets are still superior, but dont want to use up the small supply I still have. I am stsrting to see similiar issues with JSB pellets in the 8.4 gn. When compared to older pellets you can see the wear on the tools. As a retired toolmake after 50 years this was my speciality, so I can see tooling wear better than the avg person. I switched to the AA version of this same pellet as their is less wear on there tools. The crossman premier pellets are worth a try if your testing pellets, but be aware that Crossman will probably not keep there tooling updated, so future supplies will not improve.

I just heard in a review but I don't remember where but they said that they thought crosman just purchased new molds, and they were comparing the same crosman pellets from a new batch to ones a year or 2 old and the seam was gone and the pellets looked much better. I just ordered 6 new tins of crosman pellets so I will find out soon. I wish I could remember where I just saw that at, but I am pretty sure it was a youtube channel talking about a new gun review and then they brushed on the quality of the new batch of crosman pellets. 

As for Legacy, I just saw new Crosman Dome pellets. Sportsmans Warehouse in Midvale UT, 250 pellets, $10. 13.7 grains. Looks like a new design. Crosman shows the new pellets on their website, Crosman Essential Dome Pellet (.22) | Crosman Airguns, BB Guns, Pellet Guns

Still have the "Best Seller" Domed pellet here: Crosman® Domed Pellet (.22) | Crosman Airguns, BB Guns, Pellet Guns

New pellet designs, we'll see where it goes, but 250 for $10 ($15 on Crosman site) is a bit high priced for my blood.

JSB could redesign their tins to be thicker and just a bit taller to allow some extra space. I have tins from several other manufactures that don't smash down when just trying to put the lid back on. They pack the pellets in so tight and that tiny piece of foam does nothing to prevent skirts from being smashed. I am sure packing tight keeps them from bending when being shook side to side but there is no top to bottom protection.