• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Crosman pellets .22 & .25

Hi everyone. I'd like to try Crosman pellets, but I live in the EU and it is hard to come by these here. No gun shop sells these in my country. The only option for me is to order online from amazon or ebay and it doubles the value (in the best case scenario) of the pellets. I'm sure many forum members here have tried them. I'm interested in .22 and .25. Any impressions on the accuracy of these? Especially as opposed to the accuracy of the JSB models, I'm shooting them exclusively right now.
I'm not asking about the more "exotic" models of the brand, just the good old domed versions:
http://www.crosman.com/airguns/airgun-ammunition/22-domed-14-3gr-premier-pellets-500ct
http://www.crosman.com/airguns/airgun-ammunition/25-benjamin-domed-27-9gr-pellets-200ct

And any impressions on the accuracy of the hollow point Premiers?
http://www.crosman.com/airguns/airgun-ammunition/22-hollow-point-14-3gr-premier-pellets-500ct
Amazingly, in most youtube reviews these are said to be more accurate than the domed version. I find this hard to believe but still...
I know it varies for the different barrels and calibers, gun brands... However it'd be great if you could share your experience with these.

Hey Sen. Sorry to hear they are so expensive over there. For me the Crosman premiers shoot great out of all my guns in both .177 and .22 . I prefer the brown box premiers but the metal tin version shoot great too. I shoot both springer and PCP.

My springers liked the crosman premier HP also. But since the pellet is so hard and the hole so small, they don't flatten out like a true HP.......why bother?

I have had no such luck with the benjamin domed in .22 cal. They were all over the place in my springers. But I never tried them in .25

To be completely honest if you can get JSB pellets easily I would just stick with them. I have not found a gun that doesn't like them yet. Why try to fix it if it isn't broken.

Oh and don't order pellets from amazon. They just throw them in a big box with no packing at all. All my tins were dented. And yours will have to travel further. Good luck.

Please do keep in mind most people seem to feel the crosman in a tins ( 500 count ) are hit and miss. 
About $7.00 ( U.S.) at Walmart, buy 1 tins and run right home and try them, if good go immediately back to the same place and get em all.

"Premier" pellets are like a tin of Chocolate's you never know what you'll get.

That said. I have had good luck using them in several rifles, most of the time, and, I have grabbed the next tin and know instantly the newest tins was good for chrony work-maybe-.

Got JSB?

John 

Spysir: ah, yes, the notorious "good batch, bad batch" syndrome :) I'm afraid it affects JSB pellets too. This is the reason I started this thread in the first place. I have a relatively easy access to JSB at very good prices. A retailer here makes group buys several times a year straight from the factory. I recently bought an AGT Vulcan .22 and tried various .22 JSB pellets. Ultra shocks and Monsters (both 1.645 grams) - both a disaster at distances of more than 25 meters. I couldn't believe the insane trajectories the pellets had. So I went back to shooting the "battle-tested" Exact Jumbo Heavy 1.175 grams, USD 10.90 for the 500 piece tin. Much more accurate. But you should see the pellets belonging to this batch. The defects on many of them were easily recognizable. What I have now is 3-4 accurate shots, followed by an insane flyer ;) Opened 3 boxes so far - same thing.
I watched several reviews on the YouTube in which the Crosman Premiers are said to perform better even than the JSB. So I decided to ask you guys if those perform as well as they are said to.

I really think when people talk about excellent CP pellets they are talking about the brown box ones. Not the tins. The brown box pellets come nicely packed and I don't find many deformed pellets if at all. If you can get them order a few boxes at a time. It is expensive but worth it in the long run. But like I said earlier the tins are not bad but they are not as good as the box ones. At least for me.

Fortunately for both you and me, I'm no one's wife :D Forgive me, a bad joke ;)
I respect your opinion and I'd like to hear it :)
I'm a little confused, I thought Benjamin was a brand belonging to Crosman? Basically the same thing marketed under a different name? I saw the Benjamin pellets in the Crosman website. Actually, the only thing bearing this brand and having a brownish box was .25 - one of the links in my first post... Is that an entirely different brand?

Not necessarily, I would suggest that you look at some of the out of country shippers may have shipping rates that may make it cheaper. It may not work out but then again maybe it will work out or at least make it possible to be halfway affordable. Maybe you can find a company that includes them in a multi test pack and you can at least give them a try without having to spend a fortune. I don't happen to have a .22 or I would just try to figure out a way to send you some.

"I watched several reviews on the YouTube in which the Crosman Premiers are said to perform better even than the JSB. So I decided to ask you guys if those perform as well as they are said to"

In my rifles,
many ( say 8 out of 10 since they stopped the brown boxed ones ) tins shot decent. That said for target work the JSB's win hands down, same with batch to batch QC , JSB is MUCH better.

Crosman & Benjamin are the same ( ish) but different lids, pellets, dies, ......
Somewhat like the JSB pellets that are special run for AA , it is made by JSB but they are ever so slightly different ( less wear on the dies ?).

If you want to shoot squirrels at 40 yards ( M ) the crosman's should do it. Want to shoot tiny groups, SOME crosman tin pellets "might" do it but you'd never have consistency.

With all that.

I personally have never had any issue with the Benjamin labeled .22 in a tin, much better QC for those in my exp.

John