• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Crosman optimus 495 fps on rabbits

That is only 4.3 foot pounds and is insufficient for anything further than 5 to 7 yards to kill any game. I would say it is way underpowered for a .177 on rabbit. If you are accurate with it, close to your target (no more than 5 yards), and if it is quiet, then maybe you could get a shot without spooking or wounding the animal. I know it only take 3 foot pounds of energy to kill a squirrel with a head shot, a rabbit is likely similar, but I would avoid using the Optimus on anything larger than a sparrow, or starling, specially with the usual distances encountered to take rabbits without spooking them.

That's like 4fpe at the muzzle. I wouldn't do it, nor would I advise it. I can't imagine your closest shot being less than 20yds and albeit the shot is probably pretty predictable at that velocity and yardage I just can't advise it. 

Not ot to mention if you want to reach out at one that's 30yds, the pellet drop is significant, you had better be SURE you are on target. How's your accuracy? How about the guns?