Crosman Marauder Trigger Group on a 2240/2250

Hello Airgunning Friends,

I have been modding 2240's for six months or so now, and am really enjoying the addiction. Most of my guns are now PCP, but I have one 2250ish gun that I have still using CO2 powerlets. I decided to "upgrade" that particular gun to a Marauder trigger group to try it out and it is acting a little weird. Basically, I can't cock it unless I pull the trigger while I am cocking it. The hammer gets hung up on the sear when pulling it back so that it is stuck. Once I get it cocked, the hammer is really light and nice so the trigger itself works well, but this is a pain in the butt to cock. I am tempted to see if I can bevel the sear (or something) so that it will (hopefully) push past it, but I would rather not mess with this trigger group because I have heard so many good comments about it.

Does anyone else have this problem? I have gotten to where I can modify the stock sear to where it performs pretty well, so I am not sure that I am onboard with the Marauder trigger group yet. I would sincerely appreciate hearing your experience with the Marauder trigger group on the 2240.

Thanks so much!!

Jonathan

Thank you, Biohazardman! I am sure that you are right in your response, and I like that SOOO much better than having to modify anything to (hopefully) make it work. I am sure that is the reason why this vendor sells the trigger group along with the hammer.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/274939136349?hash=item4003a6495d:g:aDgAAOSwMGVagJPE

I saw that and thought "I already have a hammer", naively not realizing the the difference in shape was a requirement.

Again, I am sure that your answer is spot on, and now I have a direction without having to haul out my Dremel. Woo Hoo!!

Thanks again!

Jonathan

The only thing that comes to mind with the 2240 hammer being shaped like it is to me is weight reduction. But it is possible it slides through the tube with less of a restriction as well. I have used the Marauder hammer in my PCP 22xx guns and they werqed fine. But remember the weight will make the hammer hit the valve harder and make it stay open longer. Probly not a good thing for most of the co2 users.

This is great information! Thank you, everyone!

I believe that Biohazardman is probably correct in that the recess would be to reduce the weight, which would be good for CO2 users...which this one is. I have it pretty well tuned now, so changing the weight of the hammer would change the dynamics of the shots, so I will probably have to lighten my spring a little once I go with a smooth hammer.

Long_Gun_Dallas made a good point about the hammer not being able to be reset. Once I get the smooth hammer, I will take the side off of this group and watch the action as it works it's magic (and hope not to lose the safety spring/ball in the process). I think seeing the hammer hold that sear down will be educational.

Regardless, your comments got me over the hump so that I don't have to start hacking on my lovely new trigger group. Thanks again, Everyone!!