Crosman CROSMAN ICON SAFETY RECALL!!

Hello all. I reported the "Bump fire " awhile ago. I chose not to send mine back at that time. I installed a different hammer spring and with adjustments was able to eliminate the issue. I am still working on lightening the hammer weight to see if I can increase performance with lighter spring. I also have several BEEMAN air rifles that do the same thing and they have same internals as the ICON. It continues to be a work in progress when I have time to tinker but I enjoy it.

Reactions: Reg Creep
Considering the $130 I paid for it versus the time spent working the leade + lapping the bore + crowning, it would feel like a profound loss to send it back for a refund. So I’m hanging onto it until I find the time and motivation to remedy the issue. Pretty sure a lightweight hammer and different spring will do the trick.

Meanwhile the solution is to never transport it with a pellet installed, and nevertheless treat it as I would any gun and always assume it is loaded and dangerous.

nervoustrig- Agree 100% never leave a firearm loaded. If you find a solution for lightening the hammer please let us know. I do not know if I can drill the hammer to lighten it but I am willing to try. I have installed BARRA 1100Z barrels and side levers on mine and waiting on BARRA to get me 2 hammers so I can experiment with them. Please keep us who choose to keep them posted. Thank you

Reactions: Reg Creep