• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Crosman Crosman Icon for $129.99 - free shipping

Received both .177 and .22 ICONS yesterday. Barrels looked better than most have posted so aired both up to 3000 psi. With gun de cocked and not loaded it seems to fire when you set it down hard on buttstock. If you cock rifle it does not do this. Is this normal ? All I have done is unbox and air them up. Anyone else have this happen to them ?

I should have got a can of their smaller diameter to try.
For what it's worth, the batch of Norma 17.6gr that are shooting well in mine measure 5.48 - 5.49mm nominally. The tin doesn't list the claimed dimension other than the nominal 5.5mm, and neither does the receipt. I think they were described as 5.51mm at the time I purchased them, and the current description on their site also says 5.51mm. Not that the claimed size means much, whether Norma or H&N or JSB, the number is rarely worth the paper it's printed on.

was able to get out with an hour break in the rain today, first group is with HN baracuda's and the rest are 14.3 g benjamin discoverys. Each are 10 shot groups at 25 yards at rest with bipod. good enough for me. the flyers are all me and not the gun.

1C5B3848-B3A8-4A44-B61C-7EA768EBE8BA.jpeg

317E838F-293F-42B5-BC7A-736C79F5508F.jpeg

7006C74B-1CCA-41FF-B827-2081F7400E76.jpeg

Reactions: AmosBurton
Do you think it is anything to be concerned about ?
Well I'd rather it didn't do that but I was taught to never leave a gun loaded but also to treat every gun as though it were, so I'm personally not concerned. Or at least I wouldn't be if I were keeping it for myself. Since it will be gifted, I'm going to evaluate either making a lightweight hammer and upgraded poppet, or fit it with an SSG.

FWIW the valve spring has very little influence on how hard or easy it is to crack open the valve. The air pressure holding the valve closed is usually on the order of 10x more. It does affect how long the valve remains open (dwell) so it does play a role in how fast a potential accidental discharge would launch a pellet. It just wouldn't have much effect on preventing one altogether.