• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Crosman HP's vs Domed

I am now able to shoot the Crosmans HP'swith decent accuracy, for those that have shot the Domed version in 14.3 do you see an accuracy improvement? Anything I buy I pretty much have to order. There is No selection of pellets in My area. Are they worth ordering a Tin? Or not much difference to warrant it?

Thanks in advance!
Grant

I am now able to shoot the Crosmans HP'swith decent accuracy, for those that have shot the Domed version in 14.3 do you see an accuracy improvement? Anything I buy I pretty much have to order. There is No selection of pellets in My area. Are they worth ordering a Tin? Or not much difference to warrant it?

Thanks in advance!
Grant
check out Pyramid Air . buy 3 get one free plus free shipping spending a certain Dollar amount , read the instructions carefully carefully . YES you need to order usually a large amount of pellets but your going to save in the long run with the free shipping .
Look up another shop , order say 20 tins and calculate shipping ( sit down while doing this 😎

Not sure what you are shooting them in, but the crosman domed pellets I shoot are the heavy weights in .177. I believe the std. Cphp are 7.9, the domed heavy are 10.5. Can't comment on the shape comparison, but the extra weight makes a difference for me in 1 of my rifles. They are also moving around 875 fps at the 10.5gr. Weight.

check out Pyramid Air . buy 3 get one free plus free shipping spending a certain Dollar amount , read the instructions carefully carefully . YES you need to order usually a large amount of pellets but your going to save in the long run with the free shipping .
With Amazon prime I always get free shipping, just wondering if it's worth the time to change just to try. Alot of Reading has pointed to the Domes of most brands are more accurate.

Reactions: beerthief
Not sure what you are shooting them in, but the crosman domed pellets I shoot are the heavy weights in .177. I believe the std. Cphp are 7.9, the domed heavy are 10.5. Can't comment on the shape comparison, but the extra weight makes a difference for me in 1 of my rifles. They are also moving around 875 fps at the 10.5gr. Weight.
.22 cal in the JTS Airacuda. Which I must add that your Video convinced Me to purchase! lol I believe the Domed and HP's are the same wt in Crosman? They also make a 19 Grn I believe?

Reactions: Hold_Over
With Amazon prime I always get free shipping, just wondering if it's worth the time to change just to try. Alot of Reading has pointed to the Domes of most brands are more accurate.
In most cases it's worth it for the better packing PA does. Definitely worth it if you are buying more than $150 and get the free shipping

pyramid pack pellet tin surrounded with foam , each tin , Amazon i receive tins in a lose envelop maybe a crumpled piece of paper .

.22 cal in the JTS Airacuda. Which I must add that your Video convinced Me to purchase! lol I believe the Domed and HP's are the same wt in Crosman? They also make a 19 Grn I believe?
The video was not mine. But it's a pcp with a power adjuster so you should be able to tune it fairly easily to perform well with different pellets/weights.

Reactions: Chief Ten-Beers
Others experience is always interesting to me but unfortunately my guns are not always consistent with theirs. So I would try some domed but my Prod shoots Crosman HP and domed about the same. Pretty good but not as good as the H&N copper plated FTTs it really likes.

I've posted previously that I sometimes order single tins of pellets from Amazon to try. I've had them show up in pretty much unshootable condition but the last 3 or 4 orders have been fine. At least one had a dent on the tin but the pellets inside were fine. I think it is a pretty good way to get a tin or two to try. But when I decide my gun likes a pellet I order 1000 or more and I like to place those orders somewhere that will package them better. I think Amazon's packaging is riskier when the envelope would get heavier and the tins could damage each other. I've ordered $150 of pellets from Pyramid before but most of my orders are much smaller (probably average $50). One thing to remember about their "order 3 and get one free" pricing is if you order several types of pellets with different pricing your "free" tins will always be the cheapest tin you order. For instance, I ordered 4 tins of H&N Baracuda FTs from Pyramid less than a week ago. I kind of wanted a tin or two of H&N Baracuda 18s for a different gun. But I did not include them in the order. The FTs are $16 per tin (of 400) and the 18s are $8. Even if I ordered 4 tins of the 18s I would have gotten two free tins of 18s and paid full price for the FTs. If they are similar in price I wouldn't care but then one is literally twice the other (in price and quantity) then I'll just wait until I shoot up more of the 18s and order more then. Nothing disreputable about what Pyramid does but something to remember when placing the order.

Reactions: Chief Ten-Beers
Trenier Airguns has the best price and packaging for JSB pellets that I can find. However, Jeff does not sell H&N pellets so I do not purchase from him very often. All of my springers prefer H&N so I usually purchase them from Pyramid.

If your rifle or pistol likes JSB pellets it pays to shop around and compare prices. There are a lot of reviews on AGN about Trenier.