Crosman domed pricing

My guns prefer the hollow points over the domed so I got that going for me.

If they're double the price I would try to find a more premium pellet closer to that price. I won't pay more than 10 bucks for a tin of crosmans, and that's if I can't get them at Walmart for under 7 bucks.

I have never seen the Crosman 22 cal domed pellets priced even close to $6.24 / 500. Where did you find that price in the past or were you referring to smaller quantity tins? With a quick check the best i have seen is $13.xx / 500.

EDIT -- The $7.74 was for .177 CPHP which you would think would be less than the 22 cal. Also, it appears there has been a price increase since my last order of 500 count 22 Cal CPHPs. I paid $6.24 delivered in August. Walmart and Amazon are both showing $7.74 / 500.

Last edited:
Reactions: LCURRENT80
I have never seen the Crosman 22 cal domed pellets priced even close to $6.24 / 500. Where did you find that price in the past or were you referring to smaller quantity tins? With a quick check the best i have seen is $13.xx / 500.

EDIT -- The $7.74 was for .177 CPHP which you would think would be less than the 22 cal. Also, it appears there has been a price increase since my last order of 500 count 22 Cal CPHPs. I paid $6.24 delivered in August. Walmart and Amazon are both showing $7.74 / 500.
Maybe that’s just pure inflation? I’m just puzzled why the domes are more when they weigh the same. Might have to just look harder for better pricing on the domes

My experience has been that the domes tend to be more consistent with fewer flyers, which might be why they charge more. I suspect that it may have to do with the fact that the dimple for the hollow point needs to be properly centered otherwise I would think that it would have a wobble to it. Given the price differential between the two I am ok with a few more flyers here and there.

I don't know for sure but perhaps the big difference in price is because the domes are being manufactured by another company for Crosman, just like how JSB makes pellets for a handful of other brands.
That would make a lot of sense. Thanks for that info! I’d really like to find them for 6 bucks though lol

Reactions: RAMJET66