• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Crosman domed pricing

Like others have said, the domes seem to have better quality control. The hollow points typically have pronounced parting lines and mold flashing around the skirts and variable heads. Kinda makes me wonder if they repurpose the molds for the domes after they’ve become worn and start producing hollow points.

Regarding the pricing, I can recall just one time over the last decade where the domes were available for the ~$7 price.

I’ve gotten the domes from the great Amazonia on sale under $7 a tin. Crosman pellets are the only pellets I’ll order from there, as even they haven’t managed to destroy them with shipping.

When did you last seem them at that price? I definitely want to try some but not for much more than $7 / tin of 500.

Hmmm... I wonder if the quality of the HP pellets have changed over the years. These are some older pellets that I have from ten years ago...
I too have reason to believe so. Here’s where I made my case:

The quality decline shows up both in the visible defects and in the results on paper. I had some success with tumble deburring to break away loose flashing...
...but the results still aren’t as good as the Crosman pellets of a decade ago.

Reactions: O'Laugh
For what it's worth, this morning I rummaged through my stash of Crosman pellets and located 3 partial tins from when I first got into airguns about a decade ago:
  1. .177 hollowpoints (Walmart 2012)
  2. .22 domes (Pyramyd 2012)
  3. .22 hollowpoints (Walmart 2013)
All 3 tins group respectably in one or more rifles...as in capable of 1/2" groups at 30 yards.

Looking each one over with a 5x loupe, the parting lines along the sides are faint but visible. On the heads, the parting lines range from faint to completely undetectable. All in stark contrast to the vast majority of Crosman pellets I've gotten in the intervening years.

Granted there have been some exceptions...I'm looking at a tin of .22 domes (Vital Arms 2019) and .22 hollow points (Amazon 2022) that group respectably in multiple rifles. Unfortunately they seem to be the needles in the haystack of recent years.

I just opened up a tin of hollow points I got from Amazon few weeks ago and can definitely see the mold lines and lots of flashing. Quality has gone down but you get what you pay for I guess…
image.jpg

Reactions: RAMJET66
I get the hollow points (.22) locally at Walmart. Not always in stock but pretty commonly. Usually about $6.50 or so. For some reason they never seem to have the domed in .22. I have occasionally seen the domed on Amazon for $6-7, but they are normally more. Amazon is random, I once ran across them for $4 for a tin of 500 and ordered a couple. When I went back next, price was back up. I think you can put a price alert on items on Amazon...

There are more than one type of Crosman 22 Cal domed pellets out there. I am guessing the one everyone is talking about here are the ‎500 count 14.3 grain LDP22-CM. There is a 19 grain, 200 count ‎LDHP226P as well, currently running 7.2 cents / pellet which equates to $36 / 500 and the 13.7 grain 22 cal 250 count LDE2 at 4.8 cents each or $24 / 500 - possibly some others.

This website tracks Amazon prices. The LDP22-CM domed pellets were at $7.70 in January 2022. Lowest price was $5.72 in October 2015. They are currently almost double that $7.70 January 2022 price. Hopefully we will see it again, but you never know!. A price alert on the Amazon website would be nice, but I was unable to find a way to set a price alert on the Amazon website or on the phone app. https://amznpricetracker.com says it does alerts. I am checking it out now. So far I can't see any way to set a price drop alert there. Perhaps they disabled it.

This website tracks prices and will alert you to price drops on Amazon.

Last edited:
Reactions: RAMJET66
i finaly found 1 500 count tin of 22 cal cphp at w/m yeterday for 6.42 + tax = $6.86, it was the only one ,if there had been more , i would have gotten 5 tins.. the only other 22 cal were the crap piranas (sic) 400 count for $11.99, i tried them years ago when they first came available, they did not work for me..
BTW , this was the first time i have found crosman 22 cal @ W/m in at least 5 yrs.