Crosman Diamondback in .22

I ordered this rifle with a Bug Buster scope. Just looking at the scope, I knew I wouldn't like it, too short. Boxed it up and sent it back. 

Next up was my CenterPoint 3-9x32, no AO, the one with the light-up mil-dot reticle. I had bottomed it out and when I tried to zero it, it was stuck.

Finally, I put my Winchester 2-7x32 AO, $50 scope on it. By now I've gotten over 100 pellets through it, so it's getting broke in. Mostly shooting the Crosman Premier Domed Ultra Heavy 19 gr. Further, I ordered and installed a UTG accushot one piece mount.

Last night, I went to do the trigger fix with the rc bearing and learned this trigger is different/way better. The adjustment screw is buried all the way in and you move it counter clockwise a good couple turns and suddenly you feel the second stage wall. I prefer this and it feels a lot like my F4 with the bearing mod.

Good thing I took it apart! Both forward screws that hold the stock were LOOSE. Once I got them out and the stock removed, I noticed two screws on either side of the back area of the piston. Flathead. These were LOOSE. Also, oil or grease that had liquified had gotten into the 2 forward screw holes, causing the loctite to let go and the screws to back out.

Cleaned it all up with rubbing alcohol, reinstalled cleaned-up screws with fresh blue loctite and cinched em down good. Put up fresh targets on my home-made pellet trap and took some shots this morning at 15 yards. The top target was shot with the Crosman Domed Ultra Heavies. The bottom is three shots with H&N Barracuda Power 21.14 gr. I believe, with everything tightened up and trigger adjusted, I have made this rifle accurate and found a pellet that works!

20210320_102345.1616266667.jpg

Nice Grouping.

Back about 5 yrs ago I was in the market for my 3rd break barrel springer. My first two were a CZ / Slavia and a Gamo at 1000 fps I bought way back in the 90s. The Slavia was, and still is, the most accurate gun I have ever owned. It is simply amazing at around 25 yards, I'm talking way less than a dime grouping but the fps is only 700.

The gamo can be quite accurate, if it is feeling good.

Anyways, it was like trying to find a comfortable shoe for my wide feet - I sent EIGHT air rifles back, I kid you not.... these were all in the 300-400 dollar range or so. Why? - Every darn one and especially the 2 gamo guns were sloppy as heck, not accurate in the least. I was using a vice, impossible to move (cushioned of course with hard canoe foam). Zero wind, at 20 yards - None of them had any consistency and were in fact impossible to sight in.

I bought a Crosman on a whim (THE GOOD OLD DAYS OF MY YOUTH!) - A MUCH cheaper gun at 100 dollars but still 1000 fps. ... AMAZING ACCURACY - and very consistent.... FINALLY!

Sio I'm a crosman man ever since, bought a fun little "raven" at lower fps and since it was the same chinese factory - it was accurate as HECK.... Problem is it won't cock now - needs fixing - but it sold me on light plastic stocks.

I just bought this Diamondback to deal with ground squirrels - Will report back but I think I will like it.

I forgot to mention - off topic - what's the hype with the pcp guns?

To me it will have the same issues as CO2 guns... about 10 shots consistent, then constantly declining air pressure and dropping pellets.

My advice to any newbie - Stick with Crosman - at least that's the way it was 5 yrs ago - unless of course you are made of money.
PCP's have a lot of advantages over Co2. A bone stock basic PCP will have the ability to get 20 consistent shots in any temperature. Extremely accurate. No harsh shot cycle to loosen screws or cause misses. Cain be a chore to fill. Word of caution; it is a deeeeeep rabbit hole, tread carefully!

Nice Grouping.

Back about 5 yrs ago I was in the market for my 3rd break barrel springer. My first two were a CZ / Slavia and a Gamo at 1000 fps I bought way back in the 90s. The Slavia was, and still is, the most accurate gun I have ever owned. It is simply amazing at around 25 yards, I'm talking way less than a dime grouping but the fps is only 700.

The gamo can be quite accurate, if it is feeling good.

Anyways, it was like trying to find a comfortable shoe for my wide feet - I sent EIGHT air rifles back, I kid you not.... these were all in the 300-400 dollar range or so. Why? - Every darn one and especially the 2 gamo guns were sloppy as heck, not accurate in the least. I was using a vice, impossible to move (cushioned of course with hard canoe foam). Zero wind, at 20 yards - None of them had any consistency and were in fact impossible to sight in.

I bought a Crosman on a whim (THE GOOD OLD DAYS OF MY YOUTH!) - A MUCH cheaper gun at 100 dollars but still 1000 fps. ... AMAZING ACCURACY - and very consistent.... FINALLY!

Sio I'm a crosman man ever since, bought a fun little "raven" at lower fps and since it was the same chinese factory - it was accurate as HECK.... Problem is it won't cock now - needs fixing - but it sold me on light plastic stocks.

I just bought this Diamondback to deal with ground squirrels - Will report back but I think I will like it.
I'm a Crosman guy too. I have two inexpensive rifles, one the Vantage .22 caliber, and the other the Fire NP in .177. Both are quite accurate for me. The Vantage even shoots those "bottom of the barrel" Ruger branded pellets that I have a couple of tins of...trying to use them up to get rid of them.

Reactions: ITACUD