Crosman Custom shop back up

"I don’t know where you heard that."

It's been alluded on this forum multiple times, including one thread that stated all the parts are still available from Crosman to build a 1720T. I did find that a little strange.:unsure:

I've also seen and experienced other circumstantial evidences; one being several AGN posts bemoaning lack of 1720T availability. Perhaps I should know better than to believe everything I read... especially in Cyberspace.😂

Also, when I bought my P-Rod (close to a year ago) the only place in Cyberspace I could find one was Walmart.com. I couldn't even buy one from Crosman. So I assumed Crosman had none in stock, and jumped on one from Walmart on the further assumption that distribution pipe-lines were going dry of P-Rods. Interestingly and STRANGELY, my P-Rod (purchased from Walmart.com) was drop-shipped from Crosman. :rolleyes:

BTW, I dreamed none of this.

Having owned Crosmans for over sixty years, captured multiple State & National Champion titles and NRA National Record certificates with Crosmans, witnessed Crosman's classic to plastic devolution, their subsequent self-resurrection, their (often) slow and/or awkward responses to popular demands, founded Pistol Field Target and Extreme Pistol Field Target competitions, and been personally responsible for over ten 1720 purchases by new PFT shooters, it is a huge understatement to say my emotional, one-sided relationship with Crosman has been quite a long and exhausting roller-coaster ride. I suspect I'm not the only one that feels this way; just the most (obviously) EMOTIONALLY SCARRED.😵‍💫🤕:ROFLMAO:

A good analogy is my emotional investment in the DALLAS COWBOYS!😡🥵🤬

Understand this AR- I'm not dumping on you. You've shown great courage coming out as a Crosman employee(?). That, in itself, is admirable. As also are your obvious intellect, logic, and communication skills.

Also this- Although I am often critical of Crosman, it has ALWAYS been on the hope they can benefit from it. Call it 'constructive' criticism(s)... hardened by frustration(s). I'm not the only one that feels Crosman doesn't exactly have a finger on the pulse of American airgunning (see my post-script below).

FWIW (ALL Crosmans, though you might not recognize them)-

View attachment 351484

View attachment 351489

View attachment 351491

View attachment 351495

Best Regards,
Ron

P.S.- I sometimes wonder if anyone at Crosman realizes I've been winning high-level airgun competitions with their products for forty years, written seventeen chapters specifically about their products (in five books), referenced their products in most of the other 82 chapters, also contributed magazine articles specifically about Crosman products, other articles referencing Crosman products, contributed much related information and photos to the latest Blue Book Of Airgun Values; yet I doubt anyone at Crosman even recognizes my name. If the answer is no, that confirms my opinion Crosman doesn't exactly have their finger on the pulse of American airgunning.

But if the answer is yes...

I am available for consulting. I work on a commission basis. My fee is 10% of the amount I increase gross sales on products I input.

Consider this the free initial consultation.

View attachment 351510
That's a pretty impressive resume! Wow!

Reactions: baranjhn
Well, I haven't complained about this for years, but here I go again...
Scratch that, I am just going to lament instead, this topic isn't worth a rant anymore. Crosman, Benjamin, Velocity Outdoors, or whatever else they want to call themselves should have never given up improving the Marauder. The Marauder should have an aluminum tube by now, especially since JSAR did one, proving its viability. It has for me, changed the whole nature of the gun from an uncarryable, front heavy misery, to one of the most pleasant off-hand shooting guns I own. The next point of improvement, of course, is that it should have a sidelever by now too. Philip G., told me in a thread, on this website, after they conducted a big survey, that a sidelever was the most requested feature and that we would soon be seeing one. What he didn't say at the time, was that it wasn't going to be on the Marauder, but on a bunch of rebranded Turkish guns. Those guns are nice addition to their line but not a reason to stop improving their best seller. Some might think that it should probably be totally externally adjustable too, but I don't want to go into fantasy land here, I'm just lamenting. Anyway, it's nice to hear that the Crosman Custom Shop is finally back running again but it would be great to hear that they were actually going to start selling some of the stuff that their customers wanted all along for the Marauder.
Amen!

Crosman hasn't had any innovation or actually updated their own line in many years!

FWIW, people ask me questions all the time about airguns, field target, etcetera. Some questions can be answered in a text or email, others can't; but none in the detail and insights I provide in conversation. I've often volunteered my expertise and phone number on this forum, usually with the caveat I'm happy to answer inquiries by phone conversation.

I'm always amazed how many folks don't take me up on such a generous offer. Especially when their posts appearing shortly thereafter describe mistakes they made like buying all the wrong gun for their purpose; that I would have saved them making. All I can do in those cases is :ROFLMAO:

Texting and email are POOR communication methods compared to conversation, so I don't bother using them for compound questions and/or questions that require back-and-forth information exchange to do justice.

I see both your points, A-R and BJ, but assure you A-R won't (and probably can't) answer your question "What more do you offer" by keyboard; nor should he. Yes, it would be that bothersome. A five minute conversation covers much more pertinent ground than a half-hour keyboarding. If you're interested in A-R's ilk of services, you should take him up on his generous offer.
One point here. An e-mail or text is a document. Although I personally like talking on the phone, when problems arise, then it is he said/she said... so to speak unless you have documentation.

With e-mail or text, you actually have a document to refer to as to what was said/promised/etc.

And as Forrest Gump might say, "um, that's all I have to say about that..."

One point here. An e-mail or text is a document. Although I personally like talking on the phone, when problems arise, then it is he said/she said... so to speak unless you have documentation.

With e-mail or text, you actually have a document to refer to as to what was said/promised/etc.

And as Forrest Gump might say, "um, that's all I have to say about that..."

Good points.(y) And probably a good policy when dealing with unknowns.

My well-documented, forty-year history of airgun buying, selling and trading hundreds of airguns makes documenting what I said/promised/etc. unnecessary. However, that's not the only way I'm an anomaly!😂

Last edited:
Airgun Revisions,
We heard it from Benjamin Airguns Customer Service:

1682563722295.png

So, I you know something different, I would suppose that would be news to a lot of us.

Good points.(y) And probably a good policy when dealing with unknowns.

My well-documented, forty-year history of airgun buying, selling and trading hundreds of airguns makes documenting what I said/promised/etc. unnecessary. However, that's not the only way I'm an anomaly!😂
Although I am not doubting your voracity, what you just said would make me want to have documentation even more.

Nothing personal, but just go back and re-read what you wrote.

It really does sound like something a person wanting to con another person would say.

Not everyone is going to look up your history and transactions to check, but what you said and how you said it reminds me of a typical con man.

Not saying you are a con man, you just simply sound like one.

No offense intended, I just call them as I see them.

Although I am not doubting your voracity, what you just said would make me want to have documentation even more.

Nothing personal, but just go back and re-read what you wrote.

It really does sound like something a person wanting to con another person would say.

Not everyone is going to look up your history and transactions to check, but what you said and how you said it reminds me of a typical con man.

Not saying you are a con man, you just simply sound like one.

No offense intended, I just call them as I see them.

No offense taken, BS. In fact, in a way I take your observations as compliments.(y)

I am purposely provocative. In fact, ever more-so as I age and the world grows ever more hyper-sensitive, disingenuous, and delusional. I take immense pleasure and gratification in calling out bull-:poop: at every opportunity. Part and parcel to that, in ways some might equate with a con man. I understand many folks don't 'appreciate' someone that speaks his mind freely, hesitantly, and honestly; because it's such a rarity nowadays.

I don't have to re-read what I wrote. Being an author, I re-read most everything I write enough times to seldom put out anything but a finished product.

My for sale ads on this forum often read, "No problems or issues of any kind, functional OR cosmetic." And, agreeing with you that you can't trust anybody nowadays, I ALWAYS ask sellers, "Does it have any problems or issues of any kind that we haven't already discussed, functional OR cosmetic?" Even so, the con-men will nevertheless LIE, and sell you or I a gun with issues; sometimes major. So I can relate well to your paranoia, because paranoia is not paranoia when it's Reality.

And I don't hold it against you for not trusting me because you know nothing about me. Most AGN members do; many, more than they care to! But FWIW, I'll close with another con-sounding declaration.

My brutally-unmuzzled honesty might be matched only by my brutally-honest dealings; many, many of each well-documented in posts and ad feedback. So if you don't care to be included among the "Not everyone is going to look up your history and transactions to check", say in order to know exactly what a con-man I AM, the Search feature is your friend, Friend.

Happy Shooting,:D
Ron

P.S.- It has been my experience that most con-men are not very bright, and that often shows in their writing. You write well.

Looks like the Crosman Custom shop is back up and running. Too bad they don’t offer any of their pcp airguns for customization.

Custom shop been shut for quite a long time so it is possible that Crosman is slowly brining them back online. Hopefully they, more specifically Crosman will eventually put PCP back in custom shop. Wish I bought another 1720T when I had the chance but I don't "need" another one. Personally I would just wait for Crosman to ramp up their custom shop or get a used one, plenty of them around with tons of parts from Crosman directly.

No offense taken, BS. In fact, in a way I take your observations as compliments.(y)

I am purposely provocative. In fact, ever more-so as I age and the world grows ever more hyper-sensitive, disingenuous, and delusional. I take immense pleasure and gratification in calling out bull-:poop: at every opportunity. Part and parcel to that, in ways some might equate with a con man. I understand many folks don't 'appreciate' someone that speaks his mind freely, hesitantly, and honestly; because it's such a rarity nowadays.

I don't have to re-read what I wrote. Being an author, I re-read most everything I write enough times to seldom put out anything but a finished product.

My for sale ads on this forum often read, "No problems or issues of any kind, functional OR cosmetic." And, agreeing with you that you can't trust anybody nowadays, I ALWAYS ask sellers, "Does it have any problems or issues of any kind that we haven't already discussed, functional OR cosmetic?" Even so, the con-men will nevertheless LIE, and sell you or I a gun with issues; sometimes major. So I can relate well to your paranoia, because paranoia is not paranoia when it's Reality.

And I don't hold it against you for not trusting me because you know nothing about me. Most AGN members do; many, more than they care to! But FWIW, I'll close with another con-sounding declaration.

My brutally-unmuzzled honesty might be matched only by my brutally-honest dealings; many, many of each well-documented in posts and ad feedback. So if you don't care to be included among the "Not everyone is going to look up your history and transactions to check", say in order to know exactly what a con-man I AM, the Search feature is your friend, Friend.

Happy Shooting,:D
Ron

P.S.- It has been my experience that most con-men are not very bright, and that often shows in their writing. You write well.
LOL!

I guess I get a little long winded at times.

All I really meant or needed to say was when anyone tells me I don't need it in writing, I check my wallet (to make sure it is still there!), make sure to get everything in writing and of course, get a receipt. But 99.9999% of the time, I trust my gut and don't deal with people who say I don't need anything in writing.

Good and happy shooting to you as well!

Last edited:
Reactions: AirNGasman
Interesting (at this point) that the only responder to contradict assumptions Crosman has discontinued their PCP pistols has gone silent, ever since evidence that might be the case has been presented. :unsure:

Personally, I'd like to think that is because he has been too busy insuring that isn't the case.

And also making Crosman's PCP pistols part of the Custom Shop program.

And also improving that part of Crosman's website.

BTW, and FWIW, I am still available for (professional) consulting.:ROFLMAO:

To arrive tomorrow vis UPS. Charles
Arrived today. Crosman custom shop .22 1300KT carbine that seems just fine. Mounted the rear sight and aligned the front sight and worked on the trigger spring and ended up with a good trigger. Sighted it in at about 5 yards and am ready for some can dancing soon. Charles