• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Crosman Crosman Challenger HFT by Airgun Revisions

I recently bought this rifle from Wolfmangreg (great guy! Thanks Greg!). It is laser accurate, and today I thought I'd run some shots over the chrony. First thing I learned is my elcheapo Chinesium chrono has lost it's accuracy by around 50 fps, but oh well.
I wasted a bunch of shots on that and rather than refill for a full string, and start over, I just shot 33 over my Competition Electronics chrono and got what I got.
The gun is advertised to be ~18fpe, and I guessed it was kind of loosely made for Crosman/Benjamin 10.5gr pellets, so I used the new single die black tin pellets.
33 shots, avg 871 fps, ES 11 fps, %ES 1.3 fps, STDEV 3.1 fps. That's 17.7 fpe.
As you can see AR knows how to make an airgun, bit time! I shot pellets right from the tin, and got fantastic numbers. These rifles are everthing they're advertised to be and more, and just plain fun to shoot. If you get a chance to try one out, give it a go, you won't be sorry.

I recently bought this rifle from Wolfmangreg (great guy! Thanks Greg!). It is laser accurate, and today I thought I'd run some shots over the chrony. First thing I learned is my elcheapo Chinesium chrono has lost it's accuracy by around 50 fps, but oh well.
I wasted a bunch of shots on that and rather than refill for a full string, and start over, I just shot 33 over my Competition Electronics chrono and got what I got.
The gun is advertised to be ~18fpe, and I guessed it was kind of loosely made for Crosman/Benjamin 10.5gr pellets, so I used the new single die black tin pellets.
33 shots, avg 871 fps, ES 11 fps, %ES 1.3 fps, STDEV 3.1 fps. That's 17.7 fpe.
As you can see AR knows how to make an airgun, bit time! I shot pellets right from the tin, and got fantastic numbers. These rifles are everthing they're advertised to be and more, and just plain fun to shoot. If you get a chance to try one out, give it a go, you won't be sorry.
I own three versions of the Crosman Challenger HFT, all three are stellar shooters. I have owned pretty much every variant of high end Airguns so when I say that the challenger can outshoot the shooter I’m being realistic. Of course the materials used to make the challenger may not be Daystate, Brocock or Thomas or Air Arms or BSA or Anschutz or Steyr or RAW or FWB levels but nonetheless these guns at this price point are a great value. Add a tune and a few parts from someone like @Airgun-Revisions and you have a superb PCP for field target or hunting or plinking. They are shrouded and quiet by nature and highly adjustable to accommodate a wide variety of people. These same guns also train future Olympic medalists.

IMG_7501.jpeg
IMG_7371.jpeg

Last edited:
I own three versions of the Crosman Challenger HFT, all three are stellar shooters. I have owned pretty much every variant of high end Airguns so when I say that the challenger can outshoot the shooter I’m being realistic. Of course the materials used to make the challenger may not be Daystate, Brocock or Thomas or Air Arms or BSA or Anschutz or Steyr or RAW or FWB levels but nonetheless these guns at this price point are a great value. Add a tune and a few parts from someone like @Airgun-Revisions and you have a superb PCP for field target or hunting or plinking. They are shrouded and quiet by nature and highly adjustable to accommodate a wide variety of people. These same guns also train future Olympic medalists.
My biggest challenge with these guns is "not cheaping out" on optics as the guns really do deserve a good optic an example of a good choice is the Element Titan 3x18x50 FFP IR in a 34 mm tube body, or the Sightron S-Tac 4-20x50 FFP / IR with the MH4 reticle.
View attachment 465860View attachment 465861
IMG_7290.jpeg

Reactions: AirRanger
I’m on the fence right now about ordering this to start field target here in Pennsylvania!!!

That looks like a heckin' nice rifle. Will make a great shooter for any skill level.

Reactions: cavedweller
It’s a new line of Challenger’s. They are hydro dipped. You can’t mold something like that.
I’m on the fence right now about ordering this to start field target here in Pennsylvania!!!
This is the last card I shot this week tuning a couple guns in for customers. Distance is 35yd with scope on 10 ring. Bottom two and upper left was cross wind.

DCA06383-4E5A-445F-8EC9-5EA7670238E0.jpeg

Reactions: cavedweller