• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Crosman Crosman Challenger 2021 hand-pumpable?

I can’t find my thread or perhaps I posted in someone else’s thread. However, you have a good number of pellets to try in yours. Mine definitely likes 4.50 over larger head sizes which surprised me. The best in mine are JSB Exact, Champion‘s Choice wad cutters, QYS practice wad cutters and domes.
Thanks. I searched and couldn’t find that thread, was going to ask you for a link.

@Danoh Found it on page 11 of this thread:

Like you, I have a 1701P and really enjoy it. I pumped for a while while saving up for a tank. I am really happy now with a tank. I forget how big it is, but it is about half the size of a scuba tank. I get it filled at a local scuba shop for a reasonable price. Friends at my club get theirs filled at the fire house. I see no need to get an electric pump.

Chancy

There are no scuba shops anywhere near me (rural Ohio area). I actually inquired at our local fire station and they immediately refused filling PCP tanks flat out. I’ve got four rifles now, so I bought a cheap Vevor through Walmart with total 3 year warranty (fully expecting it to crap out) for just a hair over $200. So far, it’s been doing well. I only fill the rifles cylinders, nothing over 160cc I believe - no tanks or bottles. Never start or stop it under load, usually never gets over 35°C. I still hand pump the 1701 just to keep the pump parts moving.
C7638DCF-F306-4801-A51B-ACB65FD13B55.jpeg