• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Crosman brown box pellets 4.5

10.5 gr. will not work with the Speedy Pellet Inspector. They fall right through. No I am not using the .22 Inspector size. It is the .177. Randomly tried 10 with the Pelletgage and they were from 4.46 to 4.50 with most being 4.50. But I would think that the skirts would be big enough to "catch" with the Inspector. But then again--- what do I know?

Anyone had this before? The Inspector is of no use with these pellets.

I have been using AA 8.4 but have had these for a while and had never shot them in my D48 so decided to try them. They were pretty good but I thought maybe if they were washed etc. they might do better. Only washed then started to size and that's when the size was found. Am going to try shooting again and see what happens. Thanks

I am getting more educated about all this. Have finally discovered that if I wash, inspect, size, and lube and shoot a bad group that I am like Jimmy Buffet in one of his songs

"Hell it's my own damn fault"

A few days ago I shot the best group of my lifetime and a group that I will never beat. I had my BSA R10 MKII I got on the deal from PA back at the first of July. There was next to no wind so I decided to test some pellets at 52 yards. I started with AA 10.34 heavies and they shot a 3/4"+ group. So then I pulled out some CPH pellets (die lot L I bought a year or two ago) and shot 5 times. I shot 5 consecutive shots and watch all of them go thru the same hole. I don't mean a ragged hole. I mean the same hole to where the hole looked like one round hole shot by a .20 cal rifle. Absolutely unbelievable. So that concluded my pellet testing for the R10 and confirmed to me it likes the CPH pellets.

The SPI doesn't work well with H&N FTT's, most of the peers just hang by the lip of the skirt and are easily knocked through or fall through. 

Since there is only one SPI for each caliber it supports it wouldn't be hard to manage that he settled on a hole size that falls somewhere in the middle of the pack of pellets and as such some will work and some will not.

It would have been nice if on the creators website he could of provided a list of pellets do an dont not work well with the spi.

Chachoze is right, the size of the holes in the SPI was kind of a compromize but it will accomodate 95% of all of the pellets in the Straight Shooters sample packs and a lot more pellets that we have tested. The problem with the match type pellets is that there is VERY little difference in the head and skirt diameter and that is what is counted on to make the SPI work. 

Regarding Vettnut's problem, sometimes the laser cutter gets a little off on the upper dimension side since we are trying to accomodate so many pellets and the pellets fall through some of the holes but not all of them. If you are having a major problem let me know and I will send you another plate for your gauge. Out of thousands sold we have only had this happen 4 or 5 times.  We want everyboy to be happy with their SPI and if you are having a problem we will fix it to your satisfaction, guaranteed!

Thanks,
Joe Peacock AirgunProducts.com
225 Cash Street
Jacksonville, Texas 75766
800-388-2001 ext. 106
11:43 AM
November 27, 2018

Hi Mr. Peacock,

Vettnut here and just wanted to say that by no means was I complaining about the Inspector. It works great on all of my other pellets and has been a great help in this crazy world of trying to shoot so that they all go in one hole. I have both the .177 and .22 and this pellet is the only one that falls through. I may order one of the new products after Christmas to make it faster on the inspecting.

Thanks for your product and your post on here.

Don