• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back to a traditional "Forum List" view, and/or "Light" mode click HERE.

Crosman 766

A neighbor brought over his Crosman 766 manufactured in 1981 that his father gave him requesting that I reseal it since it would no longer hold air. This is the pumper that is now being sold as the 2100 pellet version only today. The 766 shoots both BB's and pellets. I grabbed some air gun secret sauce to get it lubed up while we were still looking the air rifle over and after many years of neglect the little rifle came back to life for a few shots holding it's air charge. The O-ring kit I ordered on line arrived by mail so I invited the neighbor over to watch the tear down and rebuild of his Crosman. We reviewed several You Tube How to Videos, went to work and installed all the components from the kit . The air rifle is now shooting as well as it did when he first received it from his father 30 years ago. He was amazed at how easy it was and now has a working air rifle that brings back memories of his father who had past nearly 20 years ago. It was a good day.
I have also gained a shooting friend two houses down the street that joins me at my outdoor and indoor range for plinking and paper punching. I get to shoot some of my older pumpers, CO2 pistols and eventually the break barrel 34 and some of my less powerful PCP's. It is good to reintroduce people to the sport and bring back some of those childhood memories...