Crosman 760 Variant 1 quad seal

Hello all you experts. This may have come up already but I haven't found mention of it anywhere on the inter-web. I'm rebuilding my first firearm, a Crosman Pumpmaster 760 which appears to be a Variant 1 with wood furniture and foregrip cut like a Tootsie Pop. I came to the quad seal but found the original is a pressed in metal part. I cleaned it up a little to be sure and have attached a photo. Has anyone seen this before? If so what are my options? Thanks in advance for looking.
DSCN1769.JPG

You'll need something like a dental pick to get the old seal out with. They're a pain, but it's doable. There are videos on youtube.

I'd love to see more pics of that gun. If it doesn't have scope grooves atop the receiver, it's a first-gen model. If you look at the front of the pump-pivot, there are probably a couple of numbers. That will tell you the month/year of manufacture. (Pic attached.)

Good luck,

J~

IMG_3897.JPG

Just clean it up, polish the metal parts a bit with a green Scotchbrite pad. Then replace Orings. I lube the exhaust valve stem on reassembly as well. They can stick open and blow all the gas out past the bolt. And before July '75, the build date code is indeed on the barrel band end cap. Mine reads " 60", or June 1970. Making it a variant one as well. Yours seems to indicate April '72. Variant one being built from '66 to 70', making yours a variant 2.
IMG_3755.JPG

Thank you guys, appreciate your input. So was the original seal metal and the new one the rubber quad seal? That silver ring in the top of my pis is definitely metal. Will tube some videos on that process.... I've got the seal kit and a new cup but hit this snag so went searching for help. No numbers on the end like you guys have. It's down to bare metal and there no sign of stamping. The receiver is out to a local smith getting "sandblasted" to strip the epoxy paint some dummy (me) applied 20 years ago. I'll send pics of anything you want to see though. Couldn't get all the sweat stains off the stock but realized it came from the three of us boys growing up. My son will appreciate that someday:) Will keep you posted.

I guess that the two-part construction was to simplify placing the seal into the assembly.

Good on you for leaving the sweat stains. As you said, they'll have meaning later on.

I spent over forty years looking for a 760 like the one my big brother got back in '67 and shared with me. Aside from adding a scope, it's as I found it.
PC010433.JPG

Post pics once you get it all back together, please.

J~

Hello all you experts. This may have come up already but I haven't found mention of it anywhere on the inter-web. I'm rebuilding my first firearm, a Crosman Pumpmaster 760 which appears to be a Variant 1 with wood furniture and foregrip cut like a Tootsie Pop. I came to the quad seal but found the original is a pressed in metal part. I cleaned it up a little to be sure and have attached a photo. Has anyone seen this before? If so what are my options? Thanks in advance for looking.View attachment 277521
Air Guns are NOT firearms. If you don’t have to fill out a 4473 and pass a background check it isn’t a firearm. Best of luck with your project.

• Haha
Reactions: Treefrog