• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Crosman 760 pumpster

i think everyone has there opinion on these guns its no diffrent then the 2100 that Ted did a review on and i looked at the reviews on Walmart most people say they kill birds day and night with it some even take rabbits with it just because its not a $1500 gun dont mean it dont have any power now i wont try to kill rabbits with it because in Teds video he recommended not shooting rabbits or squrriles with it

I had a bug scope on my 760 At the time three to four times the cost of the gun, good scope .
a blue ribbon on my FWB 125 springer
a bug master on my super max 177 springer, This springer will shake the fillings out of your teeth.
a Vortex viper on my 22 Cricket
Open sites on my Tech Force 99 premier
On my big computer crash I lost everything,
But I tested these guns at 30 yards, And of course the Cricket smoked everything
I think it was ten shots per gun...,
BUT all guns even the 760 shot quarter size groups at 30 yards,
Except the Tech Force Little larger than a quarter,
I post on another form three years ago, I will see if I can dig up the targets.
I would take a head shot at a rabbit or a sparrow at 30 yards with some practice..
I have killed a lot of rabbits with a P17 pistol 30 yards and less,
Mike

This was my first airgun, Christmas 1985 (thanks dad for getting the wood/metal 760).

It rained lead on an untold amount of pest(s) for those first five years. 
In the right setting, (20yds or less) I would feel comfortable taking a shot at a HOSP, mouse or rat. 
My current setup would be a prod carbine for those pests....but I would feel absolutely confident the pellet from my 760 would hit its mark. Mine shoots dime groups at 20 yds. (even with its old rifling), 6.5fpe at the muzzle (enough for an accurate shot at a HOSP). 

Anything greater distance (20yds+), larger quarry, etc.....yeah I would obviously grab for higher FPE, more accuracy.
Heck, with all the pumping etc...a 760 wouldnt be my first choice. hahaha

I guess it boils down too: 
  • Can a 760 hunt "micro quarry"......Yes.
  • Should you with this airgun.....Probably not.
Still, those little airguns are great fun!

Thanks guys :) i will try to get it sited in at 20 yards and try to get head shot groups going and just get a lotta practice 
i orderd a Tasco 4x15 scope for this gun but i may try putting my bushnel 3-9 on it Nice gun Pbguns 
that was the best design right there and made outta the best material thats a very nice gun i wish they still made them like that today

Just my two cents... I actually used to hunt rabbits with an old Pumpmaster (and BB's!), and there was a time when this actually constituted a sizable portion of the family's diet. I should also note that I was 12 and had no idea there was such a thing as even a low-powered springer. Is it POSSIBLE to hunt small game with a 760? Yes, if you're a crack shot and you're hungry enough. Is it ADVISABLE? Not if you can shell out a few more dollars. A 760 might work for nuisance birds, and I will note that if you can hunt successfully with it, anything else will be a piece of cake. Develops good stalking technique, due to the limited range.
My first "serious" air gun (A Gamo Silent Cat) is heads and shoulder above it in performance without being too far from the 760 in price. I'd actually be willing to ship it to you if my state didn't have such draconian shipping laws. It doesn't get much use nowadays, having been outclassed by my super-magnum springers.
If you really want to goof around and have fun, try modding your own. The 1377 is very similar to the 760, but it is possible to up the performance to rival a mid-weight springer. Even add repeating capability. Plus you get the fun of creating something that is entirely your own. A word of warning though; much like choppers and hot rods, you may end up pouring far more money into modifications than you spend on the original base gun.

Guns and motorcycles kept me so broke when I was a teenager that I did had no money for drugs,,,
The girls always bought my dinners and show tickets ,
Guns , motorcycles , and cars will keep you drug free.... also helps with the chicks.
What's this got to do with a Pump 760, Not really sure unless its a young kid buying one,
Or you would like to get a young one started in the shooting sport.
Mike