Tuning Crosman 600 Precision Pellet Repair Shop

This is meant for a someone like me in search of help in search of a repair shop and wanted to share my experience

I failed in an attempt to repair a Crosman 600 I acquired from a family member and not wanting to make it worse, joined this site looking for help. 

I wanted to give a shout out to Rick at Precision Pellet. 

After a couple voicemails to a local Crosman repair shop went unanswered, I registered on this forum when I was looking for a place to have a Crosman 600 worked on. While searching through older messages on this forum a couple names for repair shops were mentioned a few times. I contacted both by email asking for information on replacing the seals in the 600. Both shops replied with information and prices of what the seal replacement would cost. Also, both had let me know that it is possible that even with a seal replacement the pistol may not work. The shop that responded first gave me a quote to clean, lube and replace the seals. I thought the price was high for what I felt should be about an hours work and that didn’t include shipping. I waited to hear back from Precision Pellet. Rick responded back with the price of replacing the seals at half the price of the other shop. After some back & forth decision making on which shop to go with, I thought I would go with Precision Pellet in case the 600 couldn’t be repaired then I would have less money into it if it turned out it couldn’t be repaired and I needed to sell it for parts. 

A couple days after Rick received the 600 he called me to tell me that a part had come loose and ended up inside the 600 bending a part. He was able to repair that part, replace the seals and install 4 other small parts needing replaced. He said, it works as expected and provided the price of repairs and shipping. He then asked me if I’d like to have it painted. Now knowing that the 600 is functioning and the paint is scratched and worn from heavy use, I decided to go with the painting to clean it up. 

I have dice received the 600 and couldn’t be happier. It is working great and the paint job is better than I had expected. 

I am pleased that I decided to go with Rick at Precision Pellet. The price Rick charged me to replace the seals, replace the 4 small parts it needed, a new can of .22 pellets, painting the 600 and the return shipping came out to be only $26.75 more than what the other repair shop wanted to charge me just to look it over and replace the seals. That’s an amazing difference. I highly recommend for you to seriously consider Rick at Precision Pellet if you are in need of repairs or to get a second quote or opinion and even if you’re in the market for a new one.

Reactions: esingle