• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Crosman Crosman 600 Pellet Pistol First Version?

First time post! I have come across a pistol I had as a kid. The Crosman 600, made from 1960 to 1970. I believe this to be the first version with a early serial number. Can anyone confirm this for me? Thank you. The seals are all like new and it operates perfectly which I was surprised to see. I got it from a collector of all things gun related in Nashville. It came in a Crosman 150 PK Shooters Kit which isnt correct of course but also rare and sweet to have. Let me know what you think about this one being the first version first variant.

Thank ya'll from Nashville
-Michael

IMG-3656.jpg

IMG-3660.jpg

IMG-3657.jpg

IMG-3655.jpg

Given the serial number and early safety, it appears to be a first variation. How ever, the piercing pin tube cap is from a third variation.

Its possible that the trigger/sear assembly was converted to a third variation. If you take off the grips and very gently remove the side plate, and post a picture of the assembly, one of us can tell you what you have. After removing the side plate, don't try pulling the trigger; if the trigger is pulled, you will probably loose some springs.

Given the serial number and early safety, it appears to be a first variation. How ever, the piercing pin tube cap is from a third variation.

Its possible that the trigger/sear assembly was converted to a third variation. If you take off the grips and very gently remove the side plate, and post a picture of the assembly, one of us can tell you what you have. After removing the side plate, don't try pulling the trigger; if the trigger is pulled, you will probably loose some springs.
Heres some pictures

IMG-3732.jpg

IMG-3733.jpg

IMG-3735.jpg

IMG-3734.jpg

IMG-3731.jpg

IMG-3730.jpg

Your 600 doesn't have any third variation parts in it. When Crosman adopted the piercing pin tube cap, they added several additional parts in the trigger/sear assembly to prevent the gun from accidently firing while the user was slapping the knob to pierce the CO2 cartridge.

View attachment 400215
so just a third variation pin for the cartridge...correct?
Thank you youre great

OP, that is a very nice C600. I don't believe that serial number are an accurate means to to date a 600, but I could be wrong. There were three variations and the first & perhaps second had the "short stroke" safety slot and corresponding notch in the grips. The third variant, and perhaps second has the stop and the stop roller in the trigger group.

OP, that is a very nice C600. I don't believe that serial number are an accurate means to to date a 600, but I could be wrong. There were three variations and the first & perhaps second had the "short stroke" safety slot and corresponding notch in the grips. The third variant, and perhaps second has the stop and the stop roller in the trigger group.
very short stroke safety...