Crosman Crosman 600 cap won't come off!

Sorry if this is not the right place to post this, I'm new.

I bought a real rough Crosman 600 from a vintage shop. Looks to be a 2nd gen by the cap and stamping. I took the thing apart without taking off the cap and now it's the only piece that won't come off. I scared the cap trying to use tools to take it off even with rubber and a towel as protection (ripped through). Does anyone know a trick to get this darn thing off?

Also if anyone knows where I can get parts to this thing that would be nice too.

Pick of stuck cap and gun. Parts in separate bags (not shown)
IMG_1337.JPG
IMG_1338.JPG
IMG_1339.png
IMG_1340.JPG

you need to remove the tube from the cap not the cap from the tube, why it is easier to unscrew the larger part
now what would i use, a bench vice, a piece of leather belt to protect the cap, rubber gloves for you, do not over tighten the cap
as stated above soak the damn thing for a day or longer, you are in no hurry
the only place for parts is at JG airguns
now if you have never done one of these pistols you are in for a steep learning curve, i for one have never done one but reading forum as long as i have i know the problems
and if the cam ring is broken or warn out you might want to stop what you are doing and or buy any parts but it is an opinion
https://www.jgairguns.biz/600-and-677-c-78_89_154/?sort=20a
i wish you luck
mike

Is there a chance that it is still under pressure from a Co2 cartridge? My 600's hold gas for a couple months at a time. The entire pressure boundary is in the tube - cap seal, valve and valve body o-ring. If the hammer is removed you might tap the valve to see if it is under pressure.

Once you've determined that it is not under pressure, be careful about twisting the tube when trying to remove the cap. Follow the above posts carefully as new caps are available, but tubes are not.

Cutaway drawing of Crosman 600 Valve.jpg

Might have some luck with penetrating oil if it will move both ways a little. Or could try heating and see if that loosens it. Start with a hairdryer first, then if that doesn't work move to a heat gun.
Will try heating it now. The only option I have not yet exhausted.

you need to remove the tube from the cap not the cap from the tube, why it is easier to unscrew the larger part
now what would i use, a bench vice, a piece of leather belt to protect the cap, rubber gloves for you, do not over tighten the cap
as stated above soak the damn thing for a day or longer, you are in no hurry
the only place for parts is at JG airguns
now if you have never done one of these pistols you are in for a steep learning curve, i for one have never done one but reading forum as long as i have i know the problems
and if the cam ring is broken or warn out you might want to stop what you are doing and or buy any parts but it is an opinion
https://www.jgairguns.biz/600-and-677-c-78_89_154/?sort=20a
i wish you luck
mike
The cam ring is missing so I will definitely be buying one, lol.

Is there a chance that it is still under pressure from a Co2 cartridge? My 600's hold gas for a couple months at a time. The entire pressure boundary is in the tube - cap seal, valve and valve body o-ring. If the hammer is removed you might tap the valve to see if it is under pressure.

Once you've determined that it is not under pressure, be careful about twisting the tube when trying to remove the cap. Follow the above posts carefully as new caps are available, but tubes are not.

View attachment 392161
All of the innards are removed. The internal body was put in upside down from previous owner, so I pulled it out by using a screwdriver and pushing it out. It unfortunately did take some scrape damage. No CO2 cartridge was found. Piercer also might be broken but it's hard to tell without being able to put a flashlight on it properly. I might cut the cap off if they're replaceable, this thing is REALLY stuck!

I probably should have stated earlier but this gun has very clearly been taken apart before. The internal springs were not properly installed and many pieces are missing.
Missing pieces list (according to schematic):
Part 29: Cam ring
Part 81/Part 36: If someone can help me determine the difference that would be nice. It came with one, but I paid no attention to where it goes.
Part 41: Feeding arm
Part 52: Piece that goes into feeding arm (?)
The entire cocking assembly: Not too worried about replacing right away because it is usable without it.

Would it be smart to replace as many O rings as possible while I have it in pieces?

Here are some helpful links in this thread: