Crosman Crosman 392PA GET THE PAINT OUT!!!

Don’t have 392.
I have C9a.
Also 4 pumps
Standing, offhand, peeps..
10 yards:

IMG_2284.jpeg

I tried the pointed pellets. Very difficult to load. So much so, I do not care to try an accuracy test. The 14.3 grain CPHP, shoot so well and load very nicely that that is all I need. Did a chronograph test and am getting 720 fps / 16.46 fps with 8 pumps and 560 fps with just 4 easy pumps. 4 pumps is what I will primarily use. Living here at sea level and not knowing what was done to this gun before me, I’m hesitant to go to 10 pumps. Would really like to know what it’s capable of though. It’s the hardest hitting pumper I’ve ever owned.

Reactions: Chuck-in-Ohio
I tried the pointed pellets. Very difficult to load. So much so, I do not care to try an accuracy test. The 14.3 grain CPHP, shoot so well and load very nicely that that is all I need. Did a chronograph test and am getting 720 fps / 16.46 fps with 8 pumps and 560 fps with just 4 easy pumps. 4 pumps is what I will primarily use. Living here at sea level and not knowing what was done to this gun before me, I’m hesitant to go to 10 pumps. Would really like to know what it’s capable of though. It’s the hardest hitting pumper I’ve ever owned.
Thanks for the chrony data on your beautiful 392PA! I’m going to try to chrony mine, too, if I can get my old F-1 Shooting Chrony to work.

Reactions: Bear-of-Grayling
Yup I'm in the same boat. I have four accurate Sheridans, and an accurate H9A, but my 392PA shoots awefull.
Below is the picture and target from the last time I shot my 392PA.
That was at thirty yards.

View attachment 421318
That wood looks just like mine — I really wanted it to shoot well, and now it does! Don’t think I’d like pumping it with a scope, tho — bad enough with a little red dot.

Reactions: .20calguy
That wood looks just like mine — I really wanted it to shoot well, and now it does! Don’t think I’d like pumping it with a scope, tho — bad enough with a little red dot.
My Sheridan's would spoil you. The 55 has the thinnest, and easy to handle (or pump) stock. The 55's cheek is to high for sighting comfort though.

20230714_191447.jpg

I am looking forward to cleaning the paint from the 392PA. Thanks for the article.
👍

My Sheridan's would spoil you. The 55 has the thinnest, and easy to handle (or pump) stock. The 55's cheek is to high for sighting comfort though.

View attachment 421321

I am looking forward to cleaning the paint from the 392PA. Thanks for the article.
👍
Those old Sheridans had some purty walnut on 'em!
IMG_7891.jpeg

• Love
Reactions: .20calguy
Hat trick
Beauty ☆
Accuracy ☆
Power ☆

Well done sir, and such a fantastic looking rifle!