• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Crosman 38T

Thank you Ripper

Picked up this 38T Replaced the valve seals and tube seals. Already had a new pin seal. It's a beautiful gun. Looks almost new. Shooting wonderful the double action is a little long but breaks super. The single action has a sweet light pull. Shot it at 25 feet off hand. RWS basic deobllo 7.0 grain 36 rounds in large target. 6 rounds each in small targets.

The top six holes in large target are with new co2 cart. Then it settled in and shot very consistently. 

The 38T is one of the most realistic pellet pistol lookalikes ever made. It has the weight, the size, the correct grips, the adjustable sights and all the features in which the firearm it mimics

20211126_1844082.1637988800.jpg
20211126_1843442.1637988801.jpg
20211126_1846572.1637988801.jpg
20211126_184451.1637988802.jpg

That looks like a really nice gun. I used to see those around a lot when I was a kid and always wanted one but my parents wouldn't let me have it. When I got older and could do what I want I got into firearms and forgot about the 38T.

How does it compare in quality with the replica revolvers made today? Was it difficult to replace the seals

The valve seals were easy to replace. The tube seals are more difficult and you have to make sure that everything is aligned properly and nothing is binding. If you mess up the tube you're screwed because they are not available. It's not a real hard gun to work on except for that. The build quality is excellent so much better than the guns made today.

These older replicas weren't as realistic as many of today's guns, but they were simpler and much easier to disassemble and repair. Many of them continue to soldier on 40+ years later with just a simple overhaul of the seals. I noticed many of today's replicas incorporate factory-sealed units that are non-serviceable, especially the magazines of the automatics. Yes you can simply buy a new magazine, but for how long? I have a feeling that I'll still be shooting my vintage 1980s Crosman and Daisy airguns long after my fancy new Umarex guns have broken and proven impossible to fix.

These older replicas weren't as realistic as many of today's guns, but they were simpler and much easier to disassemble and repair. Many of them continue to soldier on 40+ years later with just a simple overhaul of the seals. I noticed many of today's replicas incorporate factory-sealed units that are non-serviceable, especially the magazines of the automatics. Yes you can simply buy a new magazine, but for how long? I have a feeling that I'll still be shooting my vintage 1980s Crosman and Daisy airguns long after my fancy new Umarex guns have broken and proven impossible to fix.

I own a multitude of old air pistols. They keep on working. Only have two modern co2 pistols. 2240 and a SNR357 my son gave me for a birthday present. 

Speaking of replica pistols. I recently acquired a Plainsman mod 175 co2 pistol which is the replica version of the Colt Woodsman. The pistol is in pristine condition, but the piercing plug O- ring is bad. Any Idea of where I can get a replacement or size I need.

Thanks

Is it the first variant 9401 or the 175?

Seems like jg airguns is no longer in business. Phone # listed on their website has been disconnected. Any other source that you know of I can find the o-rings?

You need to make a account to order. Web service only. They are still in business I ordered from them a few weeks ago. 

I just logged in to my account. working