Crosman Crosman 362, opinion

crowski

Dec 14, 2020
On, Canada
Not what I’m to used but gun this driving me crazy.
Back in the 60’s I had a Lucznik .177 and my buddy Neil had a Crosman pump .22 cal. He kicked ass. This 362 reminds me of Neil’s Crosman. I went into AGS on Friday and checked one out. It was light as a popcorn fart. Walnut stock. Made in the USA. Owner said it was accurate. Man brought back memories. What a deadly squirrel gun?
I never walked out with it, like to here your opinions.
Any opinions would be appreciated. Crow

Reactions: .20calguy
I’ve got two, one stock and the other a Mac1 tuned. Both are accurate and fun to shoot. Only grip is that they don’t have a better rear sight for the stock model. I put a williams peep sight on my steel breeches mac1 model and it’s a great pesting gun.
Thanks That’s good to hear. This one comes with the Williams. Crow

I haven't done any serious accuracy work with mine (steel breech and Winchester 4x AO scope). But I ordered a second one to keep stock except for drilling out the sight aperture to make a ghost ring for practice.
Sounds like you were looking at the Anniversary edition, it sounds like they definitely upgraded over the regular model. Hard Air Magazine had an article on the differences.

Reactions: crowski
I think it says "built in the USA"? Aside from the Turkish walnut stock, I think some of the other parts come from other places too. I hear they are better than the 2 plastic versions I have. Both of them were the same as all of my other Lego crosmans... lots of potential if you like to tinker.

I converted this one to .25 and it a thumper pumper.

45901.jpg

Last edited:
the 392 was just discontenure this year. i was told it was getting to costly the make for what they could sell them for?
these older guns would have been benjiman say like the 312 or 342 the 362 is crossman
and of course crosman owns benjiman
I don’t remember the model but know it was a Crosman. Crow
I haven't done any serious accuracy work with mine (steel breech and Winchester 4x AO scope). But I ordered a second one to keep stock except for drilling out the sight aperture to make a ghost ring for practice.
Sounds like you were looking at the Anniversary edition, it sounds like they definitely upgraded over the regular model. Hard Air Magazine had an article on the differences.
Yes it is. Not sure of any other models. Crow
I think it says "built in the USA"? Aside from the Turkish walnut stock, I think some of the other parts come from other places too. I hear they are better than the 2 plastic versions I have. Both of them were the same as all of my other Lego crosmans... lots of potential if you like to tinker.

I converted this one to .25 and it a thumper pumper.

View attachment 397268
That looks really sweet. I like it. Crow

My wife begged me to drive her into town, I got the 362 today.
IMG_6970.jpeg
Sweet gun. It’s light.
IMG_6969.jpeg
Pumped it 7 times. Hit a target at 30 yds. too dark to see where. Brings back memories.
IMG_6971.jpeg
Has the Williams peep, bonus.
IMG_6972.jpeg
I like the muzzle end as well.
Can’t see me using this gun for hours on end, ever, but glad to use it occasionally. Crow

Cool you got a pumper , i just bought my second Sheridan Blue Streak pumper in .20

EDIT: leave one pump in the gun always
Thanks for the hot tip. Didn’t know. Just jacked it.
Shot it earlier just before dark. Awesome gun. Brings back memories.
Maxed out to 8 pumps, impressive.
The Sheridan, I’ve only read about here. Highly desired. Enjoy Crow

Reactions: .20calguy
Not what I’m to used but gun this driving me crazy.
Back in the 60’s I had a Lucznik .177 and my buddy Neil had a Crosman pump .22 cal. He kicked ass. This 362 reminds me of Neil’s Crosman. I went into AGS on Friday and checked one out. It was light as a popcorn fart. Walnut stock. Made in the USA. Owner said it was accurate. Man brought back memories. What a deadly squirrel gun?
I never walked out with it, like to here your opinions.
Any opinions would be appreciated. Crow
I love that sweet little rifle, Crow.

I have both the standard C362 and the incredible, anniversary edition C2023 carbine air rifles, both of them gifts from my absolutely wonderful wife. After a couple of months now of pretty frequent use, the C2023 easily became my overwhelming favorite for .22 caliber plinking and pesting, and for those purposes, as well as the occasional sessions of .22 caliber target shooting I do, I prefer the 'new' C2023 (followed in preference by the 362) over all of my other .22 pumpers by a long shot, including my very nice Seneca Dragonfly Mk2, Benjamin 392s, Crosman 2289 Drifter (two of those), Crosman P1322 and my Umarex Strike Point .22 pistol. The gorgeous walnut stock, metal breech, Walther peep sight and other improvements over the plain vanilla 362 make it totally worth the $400.00 price-tag to me. The Seneca Dragonfly Mk2 is probably a better small game hunter by a small margin, but I don't do that these days, so it simply wasn't a consideration in my decision to choose the C2023 as my overall favorite.
Of course, my favorite type of airgun is one powered by a variable pump pneumatic system (followed by CO2 power), so I really never thought about price along the lines of 'I could get a really nice gas-piston this' or 'that's enough for an awesome PCP that.' I didn't want a break barrel (I dislike the very idea of an airgun that kicks ('it's an airgun, for goodness sake. How does something less powerful than a .22 firearm KICK!?!?), not to mention how the powerplants jerk violenly enough to require a specialized hold determined by experimentation to get any decent accuracy out of 'em) and I don’t want to even think about what getting into the PCP side of the hobby could do to our retirement budget, so for me, four hundred bucks for the nicest, highest-performance .22 caliber pumper now available that I didn't already own seemed totally worth the big dough, after a little research. It was! My Crosman C2023 outperforms my C362, as well as all my other pumpers (and CO2 airguns) in that caliber, excepting only my excellent Dragonfly MK2, yet it needs only eight easy to complete pumps for max power, instead of the fifteen (!) required for the Dragonfly (or the somewhat tough and worse-as-you-go ten pumps needed for my Benjamin 392). To me, that's a huge difference in time and effort over the course of an afternoon of target shooting. The ergonomics, beauty, accuracy, power and plain, all-around functional usefulness of the C2023 totally won me over. To me, it's totally worth $400 (the spousal unit too), but naturally, mileage may vary for someone else.

Bubba

The thing that really annoys me about all the various 22xx/13xx/362 designs is that stupid little #4 screw with the goofy thread pitch right in the loading area. Crosman should have engineered that out of the design decades ago.
You can order a newer style breach now. It’s a mod however..