• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Crosman 2400KT barrels.

I've read (or saw a video) that Crosman has improved the OEM barrels for the Marauder rifles. Does anybody know if this QC has trickled over to the Crosman (not the Lothar) barrels used on the 2400KT custom shop build? I really want an 18" barrel for a .177 2400KT project otherwise I'd simply opt for the 14.5" Lothar barrel. I do not want to gamble on getting a crappy vs. accurate Crosman barrel in the .177 18" configuration. 

...seems crosman mentioned this thing of making their own barrels (as some are chinese) , or making the quality better at the shot show earlier this year. can post a link to the video you mentioned above , signal 3 ? and i'm suprised that they dont offer that l.walther 2400kt barrel in 18" , which is my favorite length for these 2250 rat katcher carbine-type things. they teold me the l.walther 14.5" could only be obtained from ordering a gun thru the custom shop, but i kept asking until someone sent me one (when i was an authorized repair center listed on their website - got parts at half price then). - paul.

My Google Foo is weak...I can't find my original source. Here is a reference to crosman QC barrels in this more recent thread:

https://www.airgunnation.com/topic/how-far-down-the-rabbit-hole-with-pellet-weights/ = " I recently bought 3 Marauder barrels, from their new designed tooling, and given they are the same production run, they all vary a bit. I've compared them with LW barrels, and, I'm actually impressed with the bore finish. It's actually on par, or actually better than the LW's of the same quality. "