Crosman 2300T Leak

Disassembly/reassembly is pretty easy. The frame screws were reasonably tight as were the barrel band screws. All of the others were very loose, except of course the .050" allen breech screw. That required drilling & an ez-out. It has been replaced with a stainless torx head. Even the barrel screw was loose.

I had ordered a poppet valve and face seals, but neither one was required. The valve disassembly fought me until the last quarter turn when it revealed red thread locker and brass burrs. Remember, this was purchased new from Crosman at Christmas.

Once the schmutz was removed from the threads the valve went back together with ease. The poppet was just oily with no burrs or damage. I hate that I had to tear into it, but it is better for it with a clean valve and tight screws.

Torx Breech Screw A.jpg

Red Thread Lock & Brass Burrs A.jpg

Reactions: maxtrouble
While I'm very much a fan of threadlocker for things at risk of backing out or self-adjusting, I see no need for it on the threads holding the two halves of a 2300 / 2240 / 2400 valve together.

If you do use it, be very careful that it does not come into contact with any synthetic materials like the O-ring or poppet. It aggressively attacks many plastics and elastomers. "It" being methyl methacrylate.

Reactions: maxtrouble
After several more Co2 cartridges all continues to be well.

It has always had "2 clicks" when cocking. The second click fully cocks the hammer, while the hammer barely moves for the first. When fired from the first click/stop the hammer falls, but does not have enough force to open the valve.

All of the parts are stock - trigger, sear, hammer, valve assy.

This seemingly "dry fire" mode works very well. Is this by design?

This seemingly "dry fire" mode works very well. Is this by design?
I think it's just a natural byproduct of the simple direct-sear trigger. As the bolt is drawn back a short distance, the sear latches up ahead of the rear shoulder of the hammer, holding it at very light spring preload. This behavior is of limited benefit to practice dry firing because although the pull distance is represented, the pull weight is not.