• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Crosman Crosman 2260 IN STOCK??

Don't tempt me! I'll buy a couple and dump 100s of dollars into them to make them mini discos.. and then sell them all for next to nothing because I'm crazy!

Edit: I have a steel breech and extended probe just sitting here. The site let me add it to cart. I wonder if these have the thinner wall tunes like the Sheridan 2260mb? Doubtful since I believe that's a machined surface on those.

Reactions: joedirtee
Don't tempt me! I'll buy a couple and dump 100s of dollars into them to make them mini discos.. and then sell them all for next to nothing because I'm crazy!

Edit: I have a steel breech and extended probe just sitting here. The site let me add it to cart. I wonder if these have the thinner wall tunes like the Sheridan 2260mb? Doubtful since I believe that's a machined surface on those.
I though I saw a thread that showed the Sheridan actually had the same wall thickness after more digging. IIRC the reported thin tube someone had was a fluke? Maybe I am misremembering though it's been a long time. I know the last few Crosman 2260s I bought had "normal" wall thickness. I used the last tube I had to make a PCP 362. Lots of sanding for the bigger tube but it was worth it. Wrapped sandpaper around a dowel and went to town.

And I hear you. I'm still tempted but will not buy one. I think....

I sold or tossed almost all my co2 based parts so that I wouldn't go back to blowing money on the 22xx platform.

IF I did buy one, I would leave it bone stock and in the box. I think...

I though I saw a thread that showed the Sheridan actually had the same wall thickness after more digging. IIRC the reported thin tube someone had was a fluke? Maybe I am misremembering though it's been a long time. I know the last few Crosman 2260s I bought had "normal" wall thickness. I used the last tube I had to make a PCP 362. Lots of sanding for the bigger tube but it was worth it. Wrapped sandpaper around a dowel and went to town.

And I hear you. I'm still tempted but will not buy one. I think....

I sold or tossed almost all my co2 based parts so that I wouldn't go back to blowing money on the 22xx platform.

IF I did buy one, I would leave it bone stock and in the box. I think...
I have a almost full box of co2. I could just shoot that all up and return it... yeah right!

Just need a set of disco valves and I'd be in business.

I have a almost full box of co2. I could just shoot that all up and return it... yeah right!

Just need a set of disco valves and I'd be in business.
Yep. Only about $100 for the Magnum Airpower valve cap and fill adapter conversion. That's how it starts....

Then you essentially are holding a Beeman QB Chief without the steel breech and gets less shots but for more money. And that's why I just can't do it.

I Think...

Yep. Only about $100 for the Magnum Airpower valve cap and fill adapter conversion. That's how it starts....

Then you essentially are holding a Beeman QB Chief without the steel breech and gets less shots but for more money. And that's why I just can't do it.

I Think...
The chief is a pig and has practice zero support. The chief II is compatible with the icon and barra 1100z.

The 2260 in pcp form with a 16"-18" barrel is so light and wieldy. I had one I built in 177, was getting 40 shots at 840 fps with 8.44s. I sold it like a moron, it was a lazer beam too.

The chief is a pig and has practice zero support. The chief II is compatible with the icon and barra 1100z.

The 2260 in pcp form with a 16"-18" barrel is so light and wieldy. I had one I built in 177, was getting 40 shots at 840 fps with 8.44s. I sold it like a moron, it was a lazer beam too.
Excellent points. Stop it.

The Icon is one of the reasons I sold out of co2 stuff. After pumping probably (definitely) thousands into the 22xx platform, i have a whopping $135 into this setup including the buck rail mod and it's putting out just a squeak under 40fpe with slugs. Cheap optic in this pic was just a temp thing.

20240119_095952.jpg

Reactions: Dr. Kralenstein
Excellent points. Stop it.

The Icon is one of the reasons I sold out of co2 stuff. After pumping probably (definitely) thousands into the 22xx platform, i have a whopping $135 into this setup including the buck rail mod and it's putting out just a squeak under 40fpe with slugs. Cheap optic in this pic was just a temp thing.

View attachment 429153
Just port job and hammer spring on the icon to get that 40 fpe? I've got a beeman 1358 I'm tinkering on and thought about upping the power.

Just port job and hammer spring on the icon to get that 40 fpe? I've got a beeman 1358 I'm tinkering on and thought about upping the power.
Yep. Hammer spring is about 8 turns in to max fpe. I didnt even port the valve block. I started a thread in the pcp section. I would LOVE to have an underlever so I could do the same.

Yep. Hammer spring is about 8 turns in to max fpe. I didnt even port the valve block. I started a thread in the pcp section. I would LOVE to have an underlever so I could do the same.
Mine is going into a rifle stock now with a standard trigger. I stole the parts off it for a project gun that I will be unveiling soon.

Mine is going into a rifle stock now with a standard trigger. I stole the parts off it for a project gun that I will be unveiling soon.
Nice, I'll keep a lookout.

I'd like to find a 1359 barrel to build a .25 icon because I have another one in the box here. It's either that or shorten and thread the tube and chop the stock up to make an Icon pistol in .22. Essentially a 2nd gen PRod of sorts but likely more power potential. The barrel on it has some weird flaws so it would need cut down and recrowned to be useful to me anyway. The one pictured has a great barrel and totally different machining on the crown. Built one month apart.

Called Beeman about the barrel but she said call back Monday when the tech gets back from shotshow.

Nice, I'll keep a lookout.

I'd like to find a 1359 barrel to build a .25 icon because I have another one in the box here. It's either that or shorten and thread the tube and chop the stock up to make an Icon pistol in .22. Essentially a 2nd gen PRod of sorts but likely more power potential. The barrel on it has some weird flaws so it would need cut down and recrowned to be useful to me anyway. The one pictured has a great barrel and totally different machining on the crown. Built one month apart.

Called Beeman about the barrel but she said call back Monday when the tech gets back from shotshow.
I've seen a few posts about the icon in 22 having barrel issues. They used a piloted crowning tool on them for some reason. My original 2028 pistol barrel wouldn't shoot straight for nothing, so I swapped it out for my kral np01 barrel and it's stacking multiple pellets at 35 all day now. Just had to shim the barrel with 2 sleeves of soda can.

As for my 1358 barrel, it's pretty accurate too. Got lucky I guess. I got the gun on the classifieds here and it had been cut up some, so I reworked it to a pump action, but it had POI problems. Now it's become an organ donor and also being resurrected as a side lever rifle.