Crosman 2240 Life span

My question to y'all is how frequently does the Crosman 2240 need new orings/valves?

That's a good question. But it really has no definitive answer as it will depend on many things. Such as maintenance, usage, mods, environment as well as how often and how many rounds you shoot through it.

They usually last a good long time like decades in my case without many problems at all. They are very simple guns and parts are readily available from Crosman and many aftermarket vendors. So, the 2240 is inexpensive and easy to repair.

Can i expect to do a tune-up on a used 2240? 

Used guns can be very good or very bad so once again no definitive answer to that question.

Watch out for the addiction they bring with them though. ;^)

https://www.airgunnation.com/topic/the-true-cost-of-my-60-crosman-2240/?referrer=1

First of all do your self a favor and get a new one. Brand new they run about 70 bucks. You can't go wrong.

I've been shooting mine for about two years now and all the original seals and valve are still good. When the day comes and you need to change out a part you will find the 2240 is an easy air gun to take apart and because of this their is a huge selection of after market parts available to customize the 2240. Also their are lots of u-tube videos on the 2240 for disassembly and customization.

Reactions: Animalcub7907
Yes, get a new one and you have all new seals. Use a small drop of the proper oil on the neck of each CO2 cart and it should carry enough oil to keep seals soft and lubed. I use a silicon base oil, but wonder if that's necessary. Thinking about my nearly 50 year old Remington 1100 semi auto shotgun, with one big o ring, all it has been exposed to was gun oil and some cleaning solvents and is still working fine.

I over the course of this year "built" several 22xx types, just completing a target model for my 10 year old grandson

I've received my 2240 and as we all know it is a jewel. Where i erred was in not noting that it evidently takes an XL to be able to put a moderator on the thing. Oh well, if I ever develop a continuous use of the pistol that requires more discretion I'll solve it then.

Donny Fl, a maker of good moderators for air guns makes an adapter for the 2240, Probably requires removing the front sight,but that is easy with a couple of light taps with a small hammer or block of wood.

Get a TKO, and add a Discovery front site via super glue

0727201809_HDR.1641741828.jpg