• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back to a traditional "Forum List" view, and/or "Light" mode click HERE.

Crosman 2240 grips

I got a set of these for one of my 2240 types

They fit ok but are a bit squarish and clunky.

I got some from steve cochran

They fit much better and feel much better in the hand. You need to scroll down and look carefully, These grips fit several models, 2240, 2300s, 1701, basically everything Crosman makes that uses the same grip frame. Downside they cost much more, almost 3 times the price of the ones on ebay, but in my opinion worth them for the fit, finish and feel.

I had forgotten about Vernon Austin, here is a link showing some of his other grips

You might contact him, he also has different grades of wood. Apparently a one man shop, so not the fastest. I have several sets for some Daisy 747/777 pistols and they are outstanding, also for my S&W 78g pistols. One set I ordered in a high grade walnut, he did not like when the blanks were cut, so waited and got some better wood

Last edited:
Looks crude.

DB Webb has walnut and other types that are cheaper and already finished.

D30A57F3-9752-4EEB-8736-8AB2A665E26A.png

I just ordered a set of unfinished grips from AlchemyAirWerks. Any experience with these grips? Thanks in advance, Charles
That was the first thing I tried, a set ins supposedly walnut. I have been pleased with all of his products, but not the grips. No idea what kind of wood it was, they were rather white, and I honestly could not get them smooth enough to take a stain and look good. Ended up in the trash.

Corcoran or VA would be my recommendations, though I have only had experience with VA. Vernon Austin grips are superb in my opinion. Takes a minute to get used to the extra weight (mine are Cocobolo, and add 2 or 3 oz to the gun) and the wider-than-stock width. They are a bit pricey and you have to wait for them to be made, but they are worth every penny and well worth the wait. Mine took just over 30 days to arrive.
IMG_9150.jpg

IMG_9141.jpg

Look at that fit!

Corcoran or VA would be my recommendations, though I have only had experience with VA. Vernon Austin grips are superb in my opinion. Takes a minute to get used to the extra weight (mine are Cocobolo, and add 2 or 3 oz to the gun) and the wider-than-stock width. They are a bit pricey and you have to wait for them to be made, but they are worth every penny and well worth the wait. Mine took just over 30 days to arrive.
View attachment 343161
View attachment 343162
Look at that fit!

I know what you mean about the fit.

I recall hearing escaping gasses, like some sci-fi airlock thing, when I mounted my very 1st pair, lol!

• Haha
Reactions: rcarlisle
For the money Vernon Austin or Austin Vernon....Steve C also has great grips....the Chinese German are not worth it unless they start makeing them better.Other air gun retailers also have nice grips,gotta say stay in the USA ,whenever possible.

The Chinese-German pieces look cheap, IMHO.

DB Webb’s look decent enough except for the shipping cost.

I’m pretty sure those grips of his were what the Crosman Custom Shop used to carry.

Anyway, I’m extremely satisfied with Vernon’s furniture——I own 8 or 9 of his but not all of them are grips.

Reactions: boscoebrea
I'm a lefty and have about 6 sets from Vern Austin. My favorites are the Birdseye Maple. They are beautiful! I also have some with a black and white laminate and two sets in walnut. I usually get the ambi grips rather than the straight leftys as I can let my right handed wife shoot them too. The fit to the gun is better than any stock grips .

Reactions: bf1956
I'm a lefty and have about 6 sets from Vern Austin. My favorites are the Birdseye Maple. They are beautiful! I also have some with a black and white laminate and two sets in walnut. I usually get the ambi grips rather than the straight leftys as I can let my right handed wife shoot them too. The fit to the gun is better than any stock grips .

Mine are also ambidextrous.

There is this other gent who makes 10/22 rimfire stocks for me whose fit are so exacting he has to know what brand of receiver you have.

The fit is extremely close tolerance paired with a finish of equal calibre.