Crosman 2240 bottle gun bags a starling

Was out feeding the hens and a few of these flying rats came by to see what was on the menu. This one found out that I was serving 14.3 grains of crosman's finest hollow points!

20230122_095237.jpg

Now I'm waiting for his friend's to show up, theyre hanging just out of my comfort zone for range with this rig.

Was out feeding the hens and a few of these flying rats came by to see what was on the menu. This one found out that I was serving 14.3 grains of crosman's finest hollow points!

View attachment 325519

Now I'm waiting for his friend's to show up, theyre hanging just out of my comfort zone for range with this rig.
Hello @Boostcreep

Looks like it was something to "die for" .

ThomasT

• Haha
Reactions: Dr. Kralenstein
Nice shot, but what's up with that neckid' barrel?
I had it running a fat shroud but kept having POI shifts from the flex and wobble. Not noticeable til around 20 yards, but would move around alot at my 40 yard plinking/pesting distance.

I have no barrel band so I'm relying on the breech screws to keep it centered. I Do have one of those clamp on barrel picstinny rail things coming for it. Hopefully I can fashion it up to hold the barrel and give me a single slot for a bipod under the drop block.

It's a standard 10.25" crosman 22 barrel off a 1322 and a slip on Buck Rail. Stopped my issue. I have a 14.5" can go back on but I'm keeping this short and sweet lol.

I might use that CF sleeve you gave me on this barrel, would have to cut it down a bit and I HATE cutting CF it's soooo itchy!

As for the 1720 barrel I got from you, that project is under way!

@Boostcreep, good shooting, I am digging your setup. Could/would you elaborate on you stock modification?
Sure, I just took the standard crosman skeleton stock and a kral mega stock I had, cut the check riser section off the kral stock, cut the top rail off the crosman stock, and screwed it together. There was some measuring in there obviously, but thats all it is. Eventually I will fiberglass resin coat it together but I'm waiting for warmer weather, that stuff stinks up the house pretty good when it's curing.

Usually I hate the look of bottle guns with the bottle too far forward, but something about that fugly thing is actually really cool looking!
Hard to believe from pictures but that's only a 250cc bottle AND the 2240 tube has been cut down. It's as short as I could get it. I'll probably get board and put the 14.5 back on soon damn lego guns!

Reactions: UCChris

View attachment 325519

Awesome! I never see starlings where I live now. I go into town and they're everywhere and that leaves me trying to figure out how I could figure out how to shoot some of them.

Awesome! I never see starlings where I live now. I go into town and they're everywhere and that leaves me trying to figure out how I could figure out how to shoot some of them.
I'm really resisting the urge to go into STL and pop pigeons and squirrels in the old rundown areas were no one really lives. I'd be a target as well though so there is that.

Decided to run a string and see what she's got. Using cphp 14.3s, I get 80 shots on the regulator hovering around 645 fps then it started to slowly drop into the 620s before I stopped at 100 shots. Not too shabby!

I definitely think my gauge is off because I fill to 4000 psi on the bottle gauge and it came off the 1500 psi regulator around 2000 on the gauge. Oh well, that'll be what she gets filled too and I'm good for awhile lol. 80 shots all single loading takes a bit.

I'm really resisting the urge to go into STL and pop pigeons and squirrels in the old rundown areas were no one really lives. I'd be a target as well though so there is that.
I hear you. There's a convenience store that I drive by sometimes and evidently the owner has decided it's a good idea to feed the pigeons. Every afternoon the power lines across the street are sagging with birds and all I can think about is pulling behind the strip mall and sniping them over the roof. I would never do it but I can't stop the thought.

Reactions: Dr. Kralenstein
I hear you. There's a convenience store that I drive by sometimes and evidently the owner has decided it's a good idea to feed the pigeons. Every afternoon the power lines across the street are sagging with birds and all I can think about is pulling behind the strip mall and sniping them over the roof. I would never do it but I can't stop the thought.
I used to deliver all over the city and into areas I didn't truly believe existed they're so bad. Houses and churches just decaying. There is a building with artwork that say "the land time forgot". It's pretty desolate, but I would see squirrels everywhere in those areas, everything is overgrown with vines and old trees. Even have turkeys walking around and I've seen a couple deer in there. Really odd, but tempting!

Reactions: Coolhand