Crosman 1701P Bolt

The cap bolt that locks the cocking bolt must have come loose.

All you have to do is remove the top section to see if the clip ( secured by 2 tiny screws ) that orients the cocking bolt is also locked in place.

On my PROD, I placed an O-ring in the back section of the cocking bolt so that when I engage it it presses against the rear of the breech.

They share the same part numbers of the major parts in question-

Screenshot_2021-04-13-22-11-232.1618388241.png
Screenshot_2021-04-13-22-08-323.1618388325.png
Screenshot_2021-04-13-22-12-072.1618388278.png
Screenshot_2021-04-13-22-10-00.1618388361.png
Screenshot_2021-04-13-22-15-44.1618388278.png

My 1701 breech/bolt had the same issue. I'm guessing that's the way some of then are. It is an annoyance at worst. For me it was irksome enough to address. I drilled and tapped an additional 8/32 into the top rear of the breech and dropped in a teflon ball with a grub screw on top of it. I gave it just a very slight bit of pre-load and that took care of it. The bolt is still very smooth to operate but no longer flips open when inverted.

All you have to do is remove the top section to see if the clip ( secured by 2 tiny screws ) that orients the cocking bolt is also locked in place.

On my PROD, I placed an O-ring in the back section of the cocking bolt so that when I engage it it presses against the rear of the breech.

I took it apart and checked everything. Seemed okay but not sure where you put the o-ring in the back section?

Odoyle, 

Don't know if the 1720T, and the 1701 are the same bolt assembly, but this video is of the 1720T bolt. If they are the same, then this video will help. I've never had my 1701 apart, and I'm going to leave it alone, along with the modest power and shot count it has.

Tom Holland 

Field Target Tech 

Fieldtargettech.com

Not sure what vid you are referring but I don’t see a link to a vid? When I get to a computer rather than a tablet that might change.

I took it apart and checked everything. Seemed okay but not sure where you put the o-ring in the back section?

The back section of the cocking bolt itself so that when you slam the bolt in to load a pellet that O-ring would get pressed between your breech and cocking bolt collar/neck.