• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Crosman 1600 backporch plinking

The Crosman 454 is CO2 powered, semi-auto BB gun that was styled after the Colt Woodsman. It has a sixteen shot magazine, and adjustable rear sights. These guns were manufactured between 1972 and 1977. They are the father of the 1600 which replaced it in 1979. Today let's take a look any shoot the last variant of this gun.

The Crosman 1600 (made in Spain) Power-Matic is a C02 powered BB gun with one powerlet. It’s a semi-automatic replica of the Colt Woodsman pistol, and features a seventeen shot spring fed magazine, plus fixed sites, and was manufactured in Spain between 1979 and 1990. The Power-Matic is similar to the BB-Matic, but has a barrel shaped gas filler cap instead of a flathead gas filler cap screw. They are a true semi auto pistol, firing as fast as you can pull the trigger. Before the 1600 there was the 454 pretty much the same gun.

I own all three versions and they are among my favorite co2 guns. Today I will do some backporch plinking at 25 feet.

Last edited:
Professor,

Thanks for another great look back, can see why this is one of your favorites. Was surprised at what it did to metal can, I don't normally think of BB guns as that powerful. Maybe not as accurate as some, but shot well, plenty fast and fun. Again, thanks for write-up ahead of video, I find it very helpful. If your able, please include value of the guns being reviewed, that will help if I ever come across one to purchase. Thanks again and keep up your important work.

WM

Professor,

Thanks for another great look back, can see why this is one of your favorites. Was surprised at what it did to metal can, I don't normally think of BB guns as that powerful. Maybe not as accurate as some, but shot well, plenty fast and fun. Again, thanks for write-up ahead of video, I find it very helpful. If your able, please include value of the guns being reviewed, that will help if I ever come across one to purchase. Thanks again and keep up your important work.

WM

I think mostly I'm a lousy shot.

Here is variant 1 off the 1600 it's in pretty good shape. If it needs new seals sometimes they will only need the piercing seal. The others are very easy to replace if needed. If you take the gun apart . Dont loose the tiny ball bearing under the safety. 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Crosman-Airguns-model-1600-bb-Powermatic-co2-semi-auto-bb-pistol-air-gun-/324775581368?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l49286&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0

CRS1600-1.1630729137.jpg