• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Crosman 160 opinions

RickH

Jan 22, 2022
Evening everyone,

I found a restored Crosman 160 recently and am going to pick it up next week. It looks very nicely restored and comes with a scope, not sure which one at the moment. It uses a pair of Co2 cartridges. A little research indicates there were three variants produced between 1959 and either 69 or 72 depending on who you ask. Many went to the Air Force though several hundred unused rifles were discovered and sold off in the 90’s.Apparently not the most efficient pcp but not bad. The most recent stuff I found was dated 2012. It looks like this was one of the better pcp’s on the market if you got a good barrel. Anyone have more recent experience? It’s a .22 and I think the target version. I don’t plan to upgrade the tank systems, I’ll just run on 12mg cartridges for power. I don’t know of any matches near by that allow .22 but I’m enjoying the classics which is why I’m buying it. Not my cheapest rifle but not the most expensive either. Opinions? Thanks.

Rick H.

They were pretty good shooters, as most of that era Crosman's were. Go easy on the scope size... there are only 2 little screws plus front barrel band that secure the upper to the lower. There are a lot of that design out there, so it's ok overall... just not super strong to support big scopes. I prefer peeps on mine for this reason... plus much handier.
The trigger can be adjusted pretty nicely on at least one of the variants. They are pretty good squirrel and and rabbit hunters if you're so inclined.
Fun rifles...
Mike Baker and Mac1 both have parts and rebuild these worthy Crosman's .
Bob