Crosman 150 valve rebuild question

It has a leaking valve and I was wondering if anyone out there has had any success rebuilding one. This is a gun a buddy gave me that he scored at a yardsale because of this problem. Judging by the bluing and the wear from the breach cover it has been heavily used. I like the balance and feel of it though, and did have it sealing breifly by flipping over the seal on the valve itself. I even made tigerwood grips then it started to leak again :( All the orings and sealing surfaces are in good condition. A year ago I was poking around and found a place that you could send it and have it rebuilt for a modest fee but really I do not want to sink much money in the gun. (Saving up for a Feild and Target Mrod) I had considered shaping a new seal from an on old urethane skateboard wheel I've got laying around. Any suggestions?

Check out this guy on eBay:

I've ordered a bunch of reseal kits from him with the new valve seats and they all work really well. This one for the 150 I did have to sand it a touch to make it perfectly flat, but holding air great now.

One of my 150's is a little worn but it's my shooter. I actually found it in the basement of a burned house over 30 years ago. My first 150. I wasn't happy with the trigger so I added this screw to adjust it. Vast improvement.
P1010048 (2).jpg

Sometimes a little oil and heating old Crosmans (Crosmen?) up gets the valve to seal. This one still uses the original. I replaced the O rings once years ago from some I had in the shop.
This is my favorite tag along pistol. I have introduced so many people (mostly youngsters) to how much fun it is to roll tin cans with it. It's so easy to shoot. My favorite Crosman co2.
Here it is in it's tag along case with pellets, cartridges, and the best pellet pouches made. Uncle Mikes. Unfortunately not available for years. But I still have several. Our 3 sons and I shot it last Sunday!
P1010046 (2).jpg

Thanks guys for the replies! I think I could swing 25 bucks ctshooter, I appreciate the link. I see you are a Floyd Fan (yes porridge is nice, any cereal I like awl cereal...any cereal I like awl cereal... ) Check out HDpinkfloyd on Youtube, lots of cool vids from their earlier years. WorriedMan, yes it did stump me the first time, saw that video. It takes pounding the tube on a block of soft wood to get the valve out and for the longest time I could not figure out how to get the hammer assembly apart. There is a locking nut behind the cocking knob. A very thin 3/8 open end wrench will get it.

Reactions: nervoustrig
So finally after all that waisted time I got a rebuild kit with the valve. Check www.crosman600repair.com on Ebay, not the fastest shipping but the price was good. $30 for all the orings, valve stem, and transfer port seal. I got very disgusted when I put in the first cartridge and there was a leak past the valve. I shot a few pellets still it leaked, turns out it needed time for the valve to seat. After a few minutes it quit and man that power adjuster is something! It was seized before. From phu-tink on plinkers to an ear splitting POW!! It's so nice to have it fully operational after all this time. I didn't waste the effort for the grips and brushing the aluminium after all 😁

20230209_193324.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: holo07
Nice looking pistol. And I know how much fun 150's (my favorite co2 pistol) are. Try making a set of wrap around grips if you have big hands. I have large ape hands (I usually can't even get my hands into so called large gloves).
The triggers are crap. Drill and tap for an adjustment screw like I showed in an earlier response above. Easy mod.
P1010021 (2).JPG