• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Crosman 150 Penitrating Cap

Hello Ladies & Gentlemen,

I have an old Crosman 150 that I received from my Grandfather many moons ago. I recently decided to purchase some CO2 cartridges and try it out as I wanted to teach my children how to shoot it as they have been having a blast with my trusty Red Ryder.

So I loaded a cartridge into the pistol, closed it up and took a few shots. I noticed a sound coming from the pistol and the cartridge chamber was getting very cold so I decided to take the cap off to inspect (yep that was a mistake) and as you might have guessed the cap shot across the garage faster than squirrel on fire. Luckily the cap didn't hit anyone, but even after turning the garage completely upside down and kicking the neighbor's cat I can't find it

2 questions and yes, I understand that I'm not an expert and don't claim to be in this.
#1: Is the chamber supposed to pressurize that way? I thought it would draw the C02 directly from the cartridge and not fill the chamber it was in.
#2: Does anyone know of where I might find a replacement cap for my Crosman 150? I have searched eBay and various other sites for 1 but have turned up nothing.

Thank you all for your time and assistance. Also, I didn't kick the neighbor's cat.

1) Yes. And I assume you buggered the cap up with pliers forcing it off under pressure. FWIW, they come off easily by hand when you're supposed to remove them.
2) I have two extras. I'd take $35 TOTAL including USPS shipping in the CONUS for the one with only minor pliers evidence, or $50 for the pristine one.

Crosman has made many mistakes in their long history. One of the worst was not engraving their Co2 guns' end-caps with this in FULL COLOR-

1675791887143.png

Last edited:
1) Yes. And I assume you buggered the cap up with pliers forcing it off under pressure. FWIW, they come off easily by hand when you're supposed to remove them.
2) I have two extras. I'd take $35 TOTAL including USPS shipping in the CONUS for the one with only minor pliers evidence, or $50 for the pristine one.

Crosman has made many mistakes in their long history. One of the worst was not engraving their Co2 guns' end-caps with this in FULL COLOR-

View attachment 330386
Thank you for your reply. I was careful not to mar the cap as I used a microfiber along with some pliers, but as I can’t find the cap I guess I’ll never know. I would love to get the pristine cap from you.

I’m in Florida, so let me know how to best send money and I’ll get it right to you. Again, thank you very much for your assistance.