• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Crosman 140 fourth variant

I just acquired one out of curiosity more than any other reason and I have to say that I am pleasantly surprised. In the early 2000's I did buy a customized 1322 from mountain air and shot it quite a bit but then I went back to the springers. I had been tempted on several occasions to hit the buy button on new Benjamín's and used Sheridan's but never took the bait until now. I don't know what it was, a weak moment or the fact that there were several offerings but it's mine now and I have to say I'm happy I did.
It's the first multi pump rifle for me, even as a kid I never got a chance to handle one. I had heard stories about the legendary Sheridan's but never knew anyone who owned one. I must say I'm impressed with this rifle. I know it probably pales in comparison with a Sheridan as far as quality goes but I gotta say this bad boy isn't too shabby either. One aspect of it is that it wasn't a safe queen. It's a gun that has seen some action but not abused. It has some scuffs and nicks but no serious dents or cracks. The bluing is about 85% and from across the room the woodwork looks good enough to get your attention. The carbine has character, it's the only gun in my collection I've given a name... Butch. He looks like the kid in the schoolyard everyone knows can handle himself.

At 20 yards it'll rip right through both sides of a Progresso soup can with 8 pumps. I have to admit it does give you a workout which is why it will never replace my hw50s 20 cal

DSCN0385.JPG

Nice find! It looks to be in good shape. The trigger is somewhat adjustable (for pull weight) on that model. I dont know what type of velocities it offers.

I have my Dad's 1400 Slimline pulled apart for a rebuild at the moment. We're installing a flat top piston but I haven't told him that yet. He also has an early 140 in need of work.

The Sheridans are a heavier because the wood is walnut, but the two are comparable. The 140 is easier to pump and pellets are easier to find. The 140 is simpler to work on. No special tools are necessary.

Cheers,

J~

P4020439.JPG

Cool. Let us know how accurate it is.

I just got the bolt out of this one so cleaning the barrel will be easier. Looking forward to seeing how well (and hard) it shoots.

J~
I will. I hope the bolt comes out easy. The breech cover on mine is pretty cool, kinda like a sliding cam of some sort. I've never seen anything quite like it before.
Bob

There is one on ebay that screws in with 2 screws and includes a front sight. It is for a 1400 though, same gun as 140 but later model so not sure if all parts fit. You could email the seller and get the screw spacings center to center and check your gun.

Reactions: Treefrog