Crosman 1322 recommended modifications and additions?

Hi all,

Just picked up a Crosman 1322 kit so I have the shoulder stock for it. Was wondering what other modifications and additions I should make on it though. I have arthritis in my left wrist/hand so if there's a way to make the pump action a little easier, anything would help there. Accuracy I'm not super concerned about as my intention for this is 'discreet' target practice in my small yard and also to dispatch varmint either at close quarters (upon live trapping) or on the loose if/when the opportunity arises. I'm brand new to the air gun world but have *some* familiarity as a gun owner (a couple 9mms) so it's a lot to take in but just looking at where to get started.

I'm also wondering if it's worth upgrading to a red/green dot reflex sight or even a scope and what is recommended for that (459MT mount? Aftermarket picatinny?)

Reactions: delooper
Steve Corcoran makes a pump arm for the 1377/22 that might be something for you to look at

6199786D-60B2-4DA7-B3A4-B895CB42FFD6.jpeg

Reactions: Animalcub7907
Steve Corcoran makes a pump arm for the 1377/22 that might be something for you to look at

View attachment 275146

Wow that looks nice! What about this Plumper Pumper from Buck Rail?
https://buck-rail.com/product/improved-crosman-1377-1322-pump-handle/

For a red dot sight (and mount) and suppressor, I also seeing these on the Buck Rail site -

The silencer would be nice to help keep the noise down a bit, especially when it comes to nosy neighbors.

On a related note, anyone have good suggestions or ideas as far as crafting/DIYing a target box/trap? Or is it worth buying one of those $15-20 paper ones off Amazon?

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: iAMzehTOASTY1
I have both the plumper pumper and silencer on my 1322, both very good products, I would recommend Buck Rail products. Good stuff at a reasonable price.
I saw the note on the site about price increases starting 7/1 and am kicking myself for missing the train... it's right around $100 to get the silencer, plumper pumper and rail/red dot sight vs under $80 if I had been earlier.
On the flipside, I think I got a pretty good deal over the 4th of July as I picked up the kit (1322 + stock + ammo + pouch + protective glasses) all for just $50 from Utah Airguns :)

BTW: does the plumper pumper eliminate the *pinch* factor? Hasn't happened to me just yet but I'm counting the days lol

Last edited:
It’s hard to compare, I didn’t have the stock grip on it for very long but it seems that the new grip does make it a little easier and feels better in the hand.
A friend of mine who has experience with 3d printing said he would have concerns about the durability and last-ability of these 3d printed parts that are printed with ABS. He was saying that ABS is brittle and doesn't have much give. When it does give, it breaks easily. I know nothing about 3d printing and the various materials so just passing the info along haha.

Last edited:
There's a few steel breech upgrades. Crosman produces the canonical one, which is pretty nice. Yes, I think most silencers will need a longer barrel as there's no space to attach a silencer mount on the stock barrel -- it's too short. You probably also need to acquire a nose-piece for the new barrel, i.e. a threaded bit that allows for a silencer mount. I think there are 3d printable ones, as well as milled aluminum ones available.

3d printed parts can last a good long while, if you use the right material for the job. Printing with plastics, you do have to take a little more care in regard to the exact application. And of course, the 3d printable part needs to be designed appropriately. Often times that will mean the part might be bigger than a corresponding steel or aluminum part.

It's probably best to think of the 13xx platform as something you can buy-into with relatively little money. But then you can slowly upgrade it and personalize it to your taste. If you do a lot of modifications right away, it might make more sense to purchase a gun that is more sorted-out to your tastes, from the beginning.

There's a few steel breech upgrades. Crosman produces the canonical one, which is pretty nice. Yes, I think most silencers will need a longer barrel as there's no space to attach a silencer mount on the stock barrel -- it's too short. You probably also need to acquire a nose-piece for the new barrel, i.e. a threaded bit that allows for a silencer mount. I think there are 3d printable ones, as well as milled aluminum ones available.

3d printed parts can last a good long while, if you use the right material for the job. Printing with plastics, you do have to take a little more care in regard to the exact application. And of course, the 3d printable part needs to be designed appropriately. Often times that will mean the part might be bigger than a corresponding steel or aluminum part.

It's probably best to think of the 13xx platform as something you can buy-into with relatively little money. But then you can slowly upgrade it and personalize it to your taste. If you do a lot of modifications right away, it might make more sense to purchase a gun that is more sorted-out to your tastes, from the beginning.

True, I'm trying not to go too crazy at this point. When I think about the more 'urgent' needs, probably a better pump handle and a silencer. Not as worried about the stock, mount and scope options at the moment. The steel breech is suggested to get more FPS out of the gun, isn't it? If so, that might be something to consider...

Quick update: I picked up the Crosman steel breech kit and just installed it. The gun definitely feels beefier just by doing that. But now I'm confused about what exactly I would need to get a scope on it.... is it possible to get something like this on? https://www.amazon.com/HIMIFOY-Tactical-Illuminated-Rangefinder-Holographic/dp/B08F39NZXV

Feels overkill but the cool factor is there LOL. Otherwise, what mounts/adapters would I need to get something like that installed? Right now I have no rear sights :(

The Amazon sight looks like too many features for the price-A decent 4 power scope with adjustable objective (I like the Leapers/UTG, and Hawke) and some Leapers/UTG dovetail rings and you'll be in great shape for close range pesting. The Crosman barrels are usually pretty accurate. Mine likes H&N FTTs and anything JSB makes. You can lighten the trigger pull by removing the trigger spring, sliding it on to a phillips screwdriver and squishing the spring shorter. If the sear won't catch, stretch the spring till it does. The 13xx platform is a great value IMO, remember to store the gun with two pumps of air to preserve the seals and lube the pump cup with Pellgunoil once in a while.

Quick update: I picked up the Crosman steel breech kit and just installed it. The gun definitely feels beefier just by doing that. But now I'm confused about what exactly I would need to get a scope on it.... is it possible to get something like this on? https://www.amazon.com/HIMIFOY-Tactical-Illuminated-Rangefinder-Holographic/dp/B08F39NZXV

Feels overkill but the cool factor is there LOL. Otherwise, what mounts/adapters would I need to get something like that installed? Right now I have no rear sights :(

That's called a "dovetail" rail. Most scopes mount to a picatinny rail. So you'll probably want to put a dovetail->picatinny adapter on your rifle.

That said, if you find a dovetail-style red dot or scope you like, that might be the better option.

Here is one adapter: https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B01J5EELTW/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Thanks all. I compressed the trigger spring and now the pull is more sensitive - that'll be nice! I have Hoppes 9 from my 9mms - is that OK to use to oil the 1322? As far as scopes, I see the dovetail mount along the breech now - it wasn't so obvious to me at first. I've also seen that using the dovetail ring adapters is another option. There are some low profile dovetail->picatinny mounts but I read somewhere else that you actually want the mounts to be raised up higher to allow for clearance for the bolt and loading pellets in. This is starting to feel like a mini money pit LOL

EDIT: any suggestions on barrel lengths in my situation? 14.5"? I'm still deliberating over scopes... some are expensive and some are cheaper. I'm assuming you get what you pay for but was hoping for a unicorn among them :)

Are the Simmons Truplex scopes worth considering?

Last edited: