Crosman 1322 not as shooting as strong as it used to

Hey everyone

I have this 1322 and yesterday I put a bunch of Mac1 secret sauce down the pump arm tube (I know bad idea). Almost immediately after it started shooting really quietly. I thought my moderator was working super well at first, but when I went outside and pumped 10 times and shot my pellet bounced off my 5 yard target. 

Since then I have completely taken this thing apart 100% three separate times. Every screw and o ring including rebuilding the valve. I replaced the o-rings and wiped off all the excess grease. 

I don't have a chrony handy, but it still seems to only make like 1/4 - 1/2 power of what it used to though. Any ideas? Is the valve broken? 

I may end up just buying another OEM crosman valve on ebay .... seems like that may be the easiest but wanted to see if anyone else has come across this before. Thanks

20210429_072048.1619710115.jpg

Valve seems a possibility. I'd think that since it is a multi-pump, you could keep pumping to gain more performance unless either the valve is leaking OR the hammer/spring has changed in some way. Does it dump all the air at every given pump level with a single shot OR is some air retained and at what number of pumps? Possibly failure of the pump cup seal or o-rings on pump or valve itself?

Valve seems a possibility. I'd think that since it is a multi-pump, you could keep pumping to gain more performance unless either the valve is leaking OR the hammer/spring has changed in some way. Does it dump all the air at every given pump level with a single shot OR is some air retained and at what number of pumps? Possibly failure of the pump cup seal or o-rings on pump or valve itself?

Thanks, bandg. Yup, it dumps all the air every shot. And good call on the pump cup seal. I wasn't sure if that could be it, but if I can't figure anything else soon I'm going to start by replacing the cup and maybe also valve. 

Check if there is binding.

All too often binding can happen to the hammer pin traversing through the breech slot.

Another one is sear drag.

Be sure not to tighten the right grip too much, as it would compress the plastic plate and disable your sear from thoroughly disengaging when the hammer goes into battery.

Awesome tip! Thanks Darkhorse. Will give it a try. 

I experienced something similar with my Benjamin HB22. I noticed a very small groove or abraision or irregularity on the outside of the pump cup. Just looked a little questionable. I got a seal kit to reseal the entire gun, and replaced the pump cup first. Put it back together, and cured the problem. I went ahead with the rest of the reseal anyway. But in my case, it was the pump cup.

I experienced something similar with my Benjamin HB22. I noticed a very small groove or abraision or irregularity on the outside of the pump cup. Just looked a little questionable. I got a seal kit to reseal the entire gun, and replaced the pump cup first. Put it back together, and cured the problem. I went ahead with the rest of the reseal anyway. But in my case, it was the pump cup.

Thanks for the tip Gutshot. I ended up buying a valve rebuild kit on ebay that comes with a spare pump cup. I'll start by replacing that and hopefully will have the same outcome!

So I installed a new Alchemy Airwerks power valve kit, which also includes bigger hammer spring and transfer port, and was able to finally chrony this thing... this is not the flat top piston, but another type of power valve they have available. 

At 10 pumps with 15.89 grain JSBs I'm getting 460-462 fps pretty consistently... on Chairgun that shows about 7.5 ft pounds at the muzzle. 

I'm pretty sure I can pump this thing more, but does that sound right to you guys? I can't tell if this is still shooting low powered or not. 7.5 ft pounds is not bad, but I guess I would have expected it to be in the mid 500's or even 600's fps. 

By the way I have a 14 inch LW barrel in case it matters for velocity. 

Thanks