Crosman 1322 Mod Series Part 4 - Stuffed Piston

Just got my next video finished today. In this one I work on the piston and shaving the valve tip. As usual I Chrony each change to see how much improvement each step can give. So far the gun has improved 23 fps on 10 pumps. Testing after the steel breech topped out with 30 pumps at 564 fps, 30 pumps is now 582 fps. I can now top out with 40 pumps at 589 fps. More to come.

Hi Bill, Nice video. I found this interesting as I'm just starting out working on my 1377 too.

On a sort of associated issue.... Could you please tell me if this degree of speed difference is common place as per the image link below. The lowest line using the STORM pellets.
I did some tests today and the results kind of blew me away.
Its the Webley Typhoon I thought Id test along side my, as yet, unadulterated internally, 1377.

http://www.raggedybird.com/temp/tests_resized.jpg

The 1377's output was what I expected for the UK gun anyway.
But the Pellet choice for the typhoon was staggering.
If I put the pellets on an oiled sponge in the tin and fire them they reach speeds way in excess of 1000fps.

Now, I've tested this Chrono on three guns now. Each one displays what I'd call an "As could be expected" result.
until I get to the Typhoon and Storm 15.43 grain pellets. Then things jump from 400-600fps into four figures.

I simply took a shot every 5 shots. I was interested in literal variance, not summarised averages. So the images you see are every 5 shots.