• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Crimson Trace series 5 arrived but....

Another thing I forgot to add is that when I was turning the AO on the Athlon the image was coming to clear focus at 100 ( tree was 104 yards away) and becoming blurry as I passed that mark by a few yards. So super accurate to range targets. The CT on the other hand was coming to focus around 90 yards and maintaining focus out to about 200. So if one was trying to.use the AO.as rangefinder would not be very successful

Where did you find the Alpha 6 for $180?

Thanks,

Send mine back to MidwayUSA today as noticed several small and medium sized particulates internally on lens that were unfortunately noticeable on all magnification levels... 🤨

Bummer, sorry to hear that.

I will say that after testing twice against the Hawke Frontier 4-20 the CT5 has the edge over all to me and my eyes between these 2. Noticeably better for $200 less. Weight was the the real deal breaker for me @ 30oz for the CT5. Athlon Ares BTR 4.5-27x50 is the next on the list to test.

Heres the scoops U cintacted CT and was tild if the discontinued Japan CT scopes need warranty after all sild out and they can't service them in house they will be swapped with the current reolacement models and or upgraded to the next higher level up. Likely Phillipine like Vortex VIPER PST Gen2 ($999) equivalent (but hopefully more reliable than the Vortex brand of scopes though).

The CT5s are the Brownells $1000-$1100 house brand scopes.

Heres the scoops U cintacted CT and was tild if the discontinued Japan CT scopes need warranty after all sild out and they can't service them in house they will be swapped with the current reolacement models and or upgraded to the next higher level up. Likely Phillipine like Vortex VIPER PST Gen2 ($999) equivalent (but hopefully more reliable than the Vortex brand of scopes though).

Very interesting to hear. I was wondering about Brownells house brand. You amaze Odoyle.

Very interesting to hear. I was wondering about Brownells house brand. You amaze Odoyle.

Different reticle and slightly different turrets but for the most part everything else is identical. They are probably the best value scope right at $1000-1200. 

Different reticle and slightly different turrets but for the most part everything else is identical. They are probably the best value scope right at $1000-1200.

Good eye Q.

...😆😆 I made a pun 😆😆

I removed the cap and the brass post wobbles. Just seems wrong to me. I can live with it if it doesn't affect anything.

Mine wiggles too 😒 Not the best feel for sure. Did what qball said and it is still the same. Must be what the current shipment is but not what I would expect from a "$1799" scope even at "$699". The bottom line for me is the features of this scope just don't align with one another having harmony. No balance. Glass is very good to me @$699, mechanics of the various adjustments are not so "polished". Not the combination I need in a scope even at this price. This is just Me and My evaluation of this scope to My eye. It is a nice $699 scope, just not for me, I will spend more (or less) for better and not settle for this. "Next"...