Cricket vs. Wildcat

"MarkUK"Nice comparison Scott, thanks.

I like the safety on the WC. If it moves freely, I can be sure the gun is cocked. If it doesn't move freely, I know the gun is not cocked. This is useful information.

Never force it.
I forgot to mention the Cricket has no safety and the Wildcat does :). Can't believe I forgot that, but probably because the Cricket makes you think differently. Chamber and round and you MUST fire. As long as you follow this policy (which is easy) you always have an un-cocked gun when you pick it up. Not sure if I will use the safety much on the Wildcat because the Cricket has trained me differently.

"Antj"
"Boombots74"AntJ,

Dude that is suppose to be like that. The gun is not broken or malfunctioning in any way. Shoots like it should as well. The safety does not go all the way back when the gun is not cocked. It will only go partial way and will not engage. The safety will only work and engage only after the gun is fully cocked. Don't mess with it! Please! You promised! (I was the original owner of that Wilcat)
I already adjusted the safety and it's working fine now. Whoever told you that the safety only works when the rifle is cocked needs to be slapped! You should know better then that yourself my friend.
Safety on my Wildcat has always worked cocked or not.

"Scott_MCT"
"MarkUK"Nice comparison Scott, thanks.

I like the safety on the WC. If it moves freely, I can be sure the gun is cocked. If it doesn't move freely, I know the gun is not cocked. This is useful information.

Never force it.
I forgot to mention the Cricket has no safety and the Wildcat does :). Can't believe I forgot that, but probably because the Cricket makes you think differently. Chamber and round and you MUST fire. As long as you follow this policy (which is easy) you always have an un-cocked gun when you pick it up. Not sure if I will use the safety much on the Wildcat because the Cricket has trained me differently.
Cricket don't have safety, but it can be un-cocked which is very important.
Can WC be un-cocked without removing the magazine? 

If you take the stock off to adjust the trigger you will see how the safety stop screw engages. If you want the trigger to barely move when the rifle is cocked with the safety on then adjust the screw so it just clears under the 'safety bar'? If you want the safety lever to engage with the rifle cocked or uncocked then you will have to leave more clearance between the safety stop screw and the safety bar. I do not like to have it that way. I like some do not want it to engage in both cocked and uncocked. I like the feeling of little to no trigger movement when engaged in the cocked situation. If it will not engage in the uncocked mode then I know the rifle is not cocked and should have no pellet in the breech. Bill

Wildcat can be adjusted so saftey works when not cocked would not recommend it though. Played with mine a good bit. To make it work cocked it has to be adjusted so it will be way to easy to knock it off when cocked it is not tight. Just the slightest bump will take it off safe. Why would you need it when not cocked. I use mine to hunt squirrels and do not want it getting the slightest bump and coming un safe when in the woods with the light trigger that would be very unsafe. 

"FastEddie"I'm not sure what everyone is talking about. My wildcats safety works perfectly whether it's cocked or not.
Not sure it's supposed to be like that. You might want to check and see if it will fire, when it's cocked and the safety is ON.
Ive seen several Wildcats and they won't go all the way back into "safety" if there not cocked. Just saying!

"FastEddie"It doesn't fire when cocked and safety is on. It's goes all the way in the safety position whether it's cocked or not.
Mine will do that too but if adjusted where it does the safety will not stay on when cocked put on safe and carried in hunting conditions. Just a slight bump and it will come off. May be fine for just bench shooting.